sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never wanted to join but now it has been worth it .Took our friends out to dinner for there anniversary and got gift at almost half the cost .They were not for gifts but hubby's new puter .Got a 500 dollar dell for 329 dollars(got 25 dollars in extra hardware also free ) and a walmart one for 100 dollars for 75 dollars .My husband is a veteran so we got the 5 year one .Sons 55 inch tv we ended up getting for 349 for a smart tv and it was over 500 dollars before .My sisters and hubby's got it and they eat out a lot so they have gotten there moneys worth .I will use it this summer to rent a car to go to NJ at 10 dollars a day unlimited miles .I hated getting the stuff for them until friends told us about the extras

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Felt the same way but it does take a little looking through there sight at ties to find what you want .They need to make it easier .But we found 2 seafood places we did not know were here .Even my sisters did not know and they both have been here more than 20 years .You just put in the city and it shows you the discounts you can buy from them .There insurance sucks for me .I get mine through an insurance broker and he finds me what I need and lets me know if there is a better deal out there .Gosh why is nobody ranting about this weather it sucks .We need spring and we need to throw old man winter out

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Weather here is nice! Just like spring almost today!

I would like to rant about ISIS! We are losing the war on social media and ISIS has over 90 thousands tweets per day and luring many young and dumb people. We need to speak up and say more on social media! ISIS is like a bad dream already and I feel like I need to shake my head and wake up from this nightmare of blood and senseless slaughter!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
They start that stream of junk mail to all Americans, immediately upon turning 50 yrs. old and never stop! :confused:
Agreed since the age of 50 Val and I have been inundated by litrarture from UK Age Concern, Furneral Services, Over 50's Car and House insurance, Over 50's no questions asked Life insurance/Accidental Death Insurance .etc :mad:
Fifty is the new Fourty we arent old we still think like 20 year olds many take up extreme sports "WE AINT DEAD YET"!!!!..................."NOR DO WE FEEL OLD"............ apart from the Ostio Arthritis, Short Term Memory Issues, Fybromyagia and Val's Muscular Dystrophy, Menopaus, etc we are fine so Back off with this over Fifty's junk mail " NUFF SAID".............................:happy:

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I may be over 60 but feel the same way Dave ,but also have to admit any money they can save me is also welcome .My hubby and I are doing better than some retirees .My number 1 rant is about those animal rescue video's they show on tv asking for money and showing terrible pics of animal cruelty .Most of that money after the 20/20 investigation goes in there pockets not to shelters .I give to my local shelter every month and take food and treats and warm blankets there for the animals .It is horrible those people have to live on money intended for abused animals .:(HORRIBLE PEOPLE

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yes, you can rant about the rain @j.w, I would rant about the temps being in the minus here, but that is Ohio weather. I'm so looking forward to Spring. I want to get outside and do yard work!!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
How about a rant about the postal service?
I found these strange tracks in the snow this afternoon. Couldn't figure out what caused them. Looked like someone took a snow shovel and paced off the yard. I followed the trail from the front of the house all the way thru the neighbors yard and back to our lower yard by the ponds. Lo and behold! My husbands C-pap supplies! Both cars in the driveway and with 30mph winds he couldn't ring the doorbell??? Glad I saw the tracks before the wind blew the snow to cover them!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes it really does no good to rant about my rain either and I suppose if I didn't have it so much then I would just take the sun for granted. Can't imagine doing that but perhaps it might be true? As it is now we here in the Pacific N.W celebrate every day of sunshine we can get our grimy little paws on.
We would steal it if we could

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Gosh why is nobody ranting about this weather it sucks .We need spring and we need to throw old man winter out
All right, Sissy, HERE GOES! Three weeks of extreme cold warnings, winds rattling the house non-stop, drifts covering all the roads.... (If I didn't have to pay the fuel bill I would actually be enjoying this! ) :) Just heard that this February will go down in history as the coldest on record, and they've been keeping track since 1885!! I guess this isn't a rant about the weather, so much as a rant about the cost of fuel oil.
John

Ask a Question