MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This might be a controversial topic, but I am interested in your feedback. I am trying to keep an open mind about the pros/cons...truths/untruths of Geo Engineering. Some people believe Geo Engineering could reap positive outcomes. Some people are total skeptics and advocate Geo Engineering could have negative effects. Some people believe it has secretly been going on for years to our detriment, and we have been lied to. Most people are clueless about this topic. And, then there are some who want to get to the truth either way.

First, what is Geo Engineering? While the term Geo Engineering can refer to things like geological, geotechnical or geophysical engineering, for the purposes of this discussion I am referring to Geo Engineering in terms of Climate Engineering.

Geo Engineering discussion runs the gamut from those who refer to it as the deliberate and large-scale intervention in the Earth’s climatic system with the aim of staving off or reversing negative climate change (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/geoengineering-and-climate-change/ ) to those who advocate it is already going on and is by no means helping, but deliberately exacerbating negative climate change and is a subversive plot being carried out by world governments and special interests who want to weaken the world's population physically, mentally and socially. (http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/)

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I for one am convinced that the government has been manipulating (or trying to) the weather, I'm hoping it's just an ego driven thing, but we all know that the ultimate goal of everything government is "population control"!

Another thing I strongly believe in, is that mankind and all its studies will never be able to control (let alone overpower) the Universe!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That Man can influence Climate is well documented. That Man can control Climate is the ultimate in arrogance and pure folly.

I have to agree with you @Meyer Jordan as far as man controlling environment for the good...other than cutting back on fossil fuel emissions, but do you think there could be forces that are intentionally trying to further degrade the environment on purpose as purported at http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/?

Last edited:

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I for one am convinced that the government has been manipulating (or trying to) the weather, I'm hoping it's just an ego driven thing, but we all know that the ultimate goal of everything government is "population control"!

Another thing I strongly believe in, is that mankind and all its studies will never be able to control (let alone overpower) the Universe!

Yes @Gemma , the extreme skeptics believe the purpose is for population control...to eliminate the "excess" of humans and maintain a world-wide population of 0.5 billion people.

I agree, that mankind will never be able to control the universe, but can mankind purposely ENGINEER our environment for good or bad? I am not talking about happen-stance like everyday carbon emissions....but a direct intention to influence our environment for good or evil.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Almost every attempt that Man has made to alter the environment counter to Nature has eventually backfired, but as long as Money is God to many, any venture that will create a profit will be pursued....good or bad....Damn the consequences!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I'm all in favour of reducing human population, but I've never heard of geo engineering to accomplish that.
I think when environmental conditions change enough so a local population can't maintain itself, people will just move to another area.
Conflicts and violence will occur and those of us in a safe area will get to read about it until it starts happening in our area.
It will balance out, and not in a nice way.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm all in favour of reducing human population, but I've never heard of geo engineering to accomplish that.
I think when environmental conditions change enough so a local population can't maintain itself, people will just move to another area.
Conflicts and violence will occur and those of us in a safe area will get to read about it until it starts happening in our area.
It will balance out, and not in a nice way.

Thanks for your response, @MitchM. I have to agree with you. However, I have run into some people (read: neighbors) that are advocating what can be found on the 2nd site I mentioned: (http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/)
If this is even remotely possible, this is scary stuff...down right frightening stuff! I am not sure whether to get out my tin foil hat (;)) or go on my merry way. :whistle:. I don't want to come across as an alarmist or extremist, but I noticed before I ever spoke with these people or found this site that our trees seems to be doing worse and worse each season and can't help but to notice the increasing number of contrails I have seen the past few years...forget about the alarming rise in Alzheimers, Asthma, Autism, and other conditioners. Not saying that Geo Engineering is the cause, but trying to keep an open mind on all sides of the debate and see what others think as well. I think that most people don't want to (or can't/won't ever) consider that something like this could be afoot. I just don't know anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I think it's tin foil hat stuff.:)

We need to conquer pollution, stress, where we live and what we put in/on our bodies. There's more reliable information regarding that.
Don't get me started on anti-vaxers, lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes @Gemma ,
I agree, that mankind will never be able to control the universe, but can mankind purposely ENGINEER our environment for good or bad? I am not talking about happen-stance like everyday carbon emissions....but a direct intention to influence our environment for good or evil.
I think so,and unfortunately I doubt it can be for good as I see no good in altering the food supply (since they've made it worse) pushing people to get/stay sick and medicated etc
I don't want to come across as an alarmist or extremist, but I noticed before I ever spoke with these people or found this site that our trees seems to be doing worse and worse each season and can't help but to notice the increasing number of contrails I have seen the past few years...forget about the alarming rise in Alzheimers, Asthma, Autism, and other conditioners. Not saying that Geo Engineering is the cause, but trying to keep an open mind on all sides of the debate and see what others think as well. I think that most people don't want to (or can't/won't ever) consider that something like this could be afoot. I just don't know anymore.

This is one of those things that I think the less we know about, the better! for our own sake! Worrying about things we cannot change is very harmful, it is best to not even read up about it, cause the "worrying" will definitely make us sick

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I am beyond worrying about anything our corrupt government, the entities that really control our government and/or big business can do that might harm us. I used to worry more when I was young, and I was more of a fighter then. My neighbor up the road said "we need to fight this", and he was I bit surprised when I said I have no interest in fighting. I haven't given up or given in, it's just I am content, and I don't pick fights that I have no chance of winning. Some may see this as whimping out or not caring, but I now leave the fighting up to those who have the piss and vinegar to fight. Me, I am going to enjoy the time I have left.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The thing that concerns me lately?
Social media.

I think it boils down to education and trying to remain informed.
I feel bad for kids in today's information environment. It's pretty challenging to find facts these days.
So many sources have polished their opinions to appear as facts.
I wonder how I would have handled things.
Would I have been antifa or would I have been alt right? Hard to say.
The best we can do is try to separate fact from opinion.

Canada wants to let in 1 million immigrants in the next 3 years.
How are we going to control that?

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Social media, IMHO, is a drug for so many people. Folks are so dumbed down these days. Problem with separating fact from opinion is many people mistake opinion...and accusations...as fact.

As far as the 1 million immigrants into Canada in the next 3 years and how Canada is going to control that? They're not! They are going to have the same mess we have and Europe has.

Ask a Question