Not open for further replies.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Who’s keeping up with this trial? I think his story is more believable then what the prosecutors seem to think happened.

This is the first time that I think a defendant is wrongly charged in a high profile case.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The prosecution is grasping at straws now. They wanted to be allowed to make a choice of convicting the guy of child abuse! I believe the defense team and Zimmerman are telling the truth. Still I must say I am sorry the whole thing happened as I'm sure everyone is. Then I want to say our justice system is horrible. It is sad when an innocent person rather than plead not guilty chooses to plead guilty cuz they will get far less of a penalty then if they go to trial and are found guilty. The public defenders nowadays tell their clients to accept the plea deals even if they are innocent. They say it is just easier and safer. Sick, sick, sick!

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yeah, trying to add the child abuse charge just threw me. Ugh...

It is like the witness testimonials mean nothing. I am not suprise by the trumped up charges and all of the dishonesty on talk radio shows and how flat out lies are determining this case.

The mob, crtrics, media, political correctness, executives in the judiciary branch of goverment, the naive comment made by the POTUS, and politics are what determines these court cases rather than the actual merits of the case. The rule of "prove beyond a reasonable doubt" no longer applies anymore in our justice system. Police chief getting fired for doing his job, having integrity, following the letter of law, that firing was influenced by "some executive" in the judiciary branch. Grrr.

To many folk want to live in the 1930s, 40s, 50s rather than the 21st century.

Lady justice was definitely not blind folded for this case and I suspect this is just how high profile cases end up nowadays and it is seen time and time again.

I gaurantee you it is going to be appealed due to all of the shennanigans done just by the judge, who is definitely trying to make a name for her self out of this.

I gaurantee you this has already influenced...don't see how it would not... big ramifications on reducing the effectiveness of neighberhood watch groups that try to keep the place safe in very rough neighberhoods, irregardless of any merit. It is just how it is.

Rather than thinking of what is "right", now, we second guess what we do due to how folk are allowed to be so lawsuit happy.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
J.W., grasping at straws is correct. Just finished watching the States closing arguments. I can't believe some of the crap that came out of his mouth. Talk about making a 100 mountains out of a few small mole hills. Just sick to watch. He didn't even mention the screaming on the 911 call, one of the most important aspects. Why not, because he can't, It's zimmerman screaming for his life.

There is so much reasonable doubt, they need to just let this guy walk. THe State can't prove their version.

I believe that no civilian should be able to carry a concealed firearm. Sure without it Zimmerman might have taken a worse beating and died. But more likely then not he would have lived and the punk would be in lockup for assault.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
yep, exactly, I bet ya Zimmerman would have left that concrete, quite likely permanently damaged for rest of his life, in an ambulance and while the cops likely would have never caught Trayvon to be convicted of the aggravated assault due to all of the political nonesense.

I truely doubt Trayvon would have been convicted for the aggravated assault if this case "now as it is" giving many indications of the outcome if it were just aggravated assault. It would come down that, Zimmerman deserved the aggravated assault for doing is duty and being an over zealous neighborhood watch fella, that is following and watching Trayvon to make sure he was not up to no good, and Zimmerman covertly being some supposed racist thus indicating he deserved the aggravated assault.

These exactly are the reasons why folk need something to defend them self, be it a gun, knife, or high powered tazer. Then, with how things go nowadays, Trayvon probably would have died from being hit by the tazer due to a weak heart or something and still the court case would go as it is now.

So, essentially, the moral of this story. If you see something very wrong, then do not even attempt to investigate nor ever intervene, just sit on your hands, call the cops, and do nothing irregardless of what is happening due to the fact you will likely get blamed for taking action such as simply following a kid to make sure he is not up to no good.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
That's pretty much what all the witnesses did, hide. Just let the poor guy screaming for his life die. Not even one person came out and helped stop it or stay and view the fight to the end so we would know exactly who was screaming and who was saying what and how the gun came into play.

So in actuality with everyone scared that this guy or that guy can have a gun, it's better to stay in and hide. Over here we don't have to fear about the millions of concealed firearms. We can come out and view the disturbance and not fear for our lives, and put the proper creeps in jail with better witness evidence.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yep. Folk are too scared getting involved nowadays, for whatever reason how they justify their cowardice. With court cases like this, I am not surprised folk would not get involved.

Heck, I'm more of a rebel so I would have gotten out of my house and actually taken action rather than being one of those who do nothing except watching the victim in progress of getting severely brutalized. I don't understand how folk can simply be at peace for being an observer and never take action to make sure the guy does not have life altering damage on him. I would have tackled the hell out of that guy, and practice my steer wrestling skills on him to pin him down till the cops got back. Then, I bet ya I would have been charged as well for assaulting the kid.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
This reminds me of that public murder of a soldier in UK (i think?) and there were hundreds of folk standing around. I think only one person "willy nilly" interevened, but failed miserably. Why? Because the dude had a knife. Rather than a group of rugby players nuetralizing the fella to save the soldier's life, to stop the guy from decapitating him. Folk chose to be bystanders or witnesses of the situation. Heck, as being a concealed gun carry guy, I would have shot the fella on the spot the moment intentions of the murdurer was quite evident. Heck, the soldier would have survived the knife wounds if someone could have just neutralized the fanatic before he decapitated the soldier.

Reactions: j.w

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sure Charles, aren't you like 70 :cheerful:

The UK killing, they had a knife and a gun. No thanks, no dead hero here. They weren't attacking anyone else either. Nothing anyone could do. Your gun shot would have went through the creep and ricochet off something and killed some young kid in a stroller. So there’s that to live with for life. I know it would go through as I know you wouldn't pack a tiny .38, but a 9mm or magnum!

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
There are videos of the UK killer. He didn't have a gun. The killer actually approached bystanders, as if they were buddies, wanting them to film him. All he had was a butcher blade and a 6 inch knife.

I would have walked up couple feet behind the dude and put a couple in a leg. The guy was much more distracted with his demonstration so I bet he would even notice someone walking up. Trust me, he would have gone down instantly.

Sure, things could always go wrong with guns, just as with anything. The purpose of training is so it is instinct. If your type of a fella that allows nerves controll ya, then things will go wrong.

If you're betting on things going wrong and lack confidence, then be best to set back and do nothing since I would imagine ya actually would hurt your self or others in trying to intervene.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
One of them had a gun, this is confirmed.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Welp, so much for a gun free zone then. ;)

Then obviously it would be approached differently.

Still, does not change my points. This idea of "everyone has a gun" so I am doing nothing... Yeah, glad I don't think that way walking around scared all the time.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I must tell you the closest I have gotten into a similar fray was when the wife and I were onsite owners & managers of a small apartment block. One night 12-1 AM we woke up to yelling outside. I looked through the blinds and saw 2-3 guys running near the building and also a tenant right across the hall in the building running into his suite. This was over maybe 1 min or 2. What did I do? Nothing I hid and kept quite. Next day the tenant asked, did you hear anything? Not much. He said I could have used some help as 3 guys were chasing him as he kicked them out of a booze free social club they ran. THey had knifes and baseball bats and he took one hit to the head. Now it was not the greatest part of the city and to enter that mess would have been suicide.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yep, true. Ya gotta have common sense especially when the odds are against ya.

I lived for 7 years in Dallas. Heck, if I were to drive my car during midnight in certain areas, cops would pull me over. Got a few experiences to share myself. Ya just gotta use common sense about these things and listen to your gut.

Ugh, I gotta stop watching all this television coverage. Drives me crazy.

Reaction score
I really dont believe Zimmerman was out looking to hurt anyone, and it really makes me sick the way it has been turned into a racial hate crime before the facts were even looked at. I see Obama's actions and comments as nothing more than trying to incite more division between us all.

I also find it sad Charles that you need to use the word rebel to define yourself as someone who would do the right thing if someone was in need. Everyone of us should be willing to help if and when we can. Certainly there are more times we can aid another to SAFELY defuse a bad situation until OTHER help (ie the police) can arrive, if they are even still needed..

In the current case, something as simple as YELLING from inside a home something like HEY, what's going on ... or the police have been called, could have potentially minimized the events of that night, or brought it to an end without injuries beyond a physical squabble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question