Getting close to calling my puddle done!

Reaction score
I've been around ponds my whole life, so I was pretty excited when my husband bought me a kit for my own puddle. It was a kit by Sunterra sold at Menards, it's only about 350 gallons so I have no delusions about putting koi in it, but hey its a start! Anyway I started this project mid july and with the addition of my plants today I'd like to say Im done but Im not, the hideous liner is still showing and if I can ever get my busy hubby to help me finish laying pavers I thinki it'll be done!!! Im pretty excited! I wish I had been taking pictures from the beginning but I didnt:mad: anyway when I get a chance I will add some pictures of it!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome even smallish ponds are great to have!

Reaction score
I finally got a picture taken. It's a long ways from complete but I’m pretty happy with what’s done. I have to re adjust the waterfall, once I have the plants and the water out I will be able to complete the falls the way I want to. I would like to have an upper pool where the falls start and then have them cascade into the main pond. We will see if I ever get it done! I also want to add pavers around the side where the liner shows, just to hide it, and eventually I'll get the landscaping done along the edge of the metal shed and around the pond. Hubby wants to add some pavers and make a small patio along the west side of the pond so we can sit out and enjoy it during the evening. Lots of ambition, lets see if we follow through!!! Once haying is done I think that we will have more time to spend making it just how we hoped it would look.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 371

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
digginponds said:
that's what she said.lol

My motto is want something done ,DYI
It is more rewarding!

It is all in how it is used .............lmao

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are getting there lone pine, with some rocks, landscaping, it will fit in beautifully. Nice lily flowers you have there. The digging and lining the pond, is just the beginning, then the tweaking starts.

Hummm what would look better.. hummm lets do this and this lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lone Pine Ranch said:
Real rocks are in the works, but the pavers work for now.

It all takes time, lots of time, but we enjoy it.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
Lone Pine Ranch said:
I finally got a picture taken. It's a long ways from complete but I’m pretty happy with what’s done. I have to re adjust the waterfall, once I have the plants and the water out I will be able to complete the falls the way I want to. I would like to have an upper pool where the falls start and then have them cascade into the main pond. We will see if I ever get it done! I also want to add pavers around the side where the liner shows, just to hide it, and eventually I'll get the landscaping done along the edge of the metal shed and around the pond. Hubby wants to add some pavers and make a small patio along the west side of the pond so we can sit out and enjoy it during the evening. Lots of ambition, lets see if we follow through!!! Once haying is done I think that we will have more time to spend making it just how we hoped it would look.

very NICE

Ask a Question