Getting plumbing out of Pond

Reaction score
Hello. I just had a quick question about how you guys get the pump plumbing out of your pond. Do you go through the liner at the bottom and seal it or do you bring it up and try to hide it in the rocks? Im running a flexible liner and granite roak where i need to get the piping out of the pond. It seems to me like it would be better to go through the liner toward the bottom of the pond cause the piping is 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" so it will be hard to hid bringing it up the side of the pond and out through the rocks. Also Is it better to use flewible pipe in the pond and pvc once its out or all flexible pipe? If you need the info I have my pump in a hole at the bottom of my pond at 40" and i plan on going to my skippy filter and waterfall back into the pond. thanks

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
flexable pipe all the way... black liner, black hose....they will blend in in due time. why cut unneccessary holes in a liner and increase leak probability.. if you want to do that put in abottom drain and use an external pump.

Reaction score
You can do it both ways--it's your choice. Some of us have a hole through the liner and some don't want to put a hole in the liner.

If you'd like to see how I did it, you can search out my 5000 pond build and see how I did it. My bottom drains have not leaked.

Ask a Question