Getting Started?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, I haven't even lurked in while. Thought we'd have winter, then spring, and I'd be making final plans & arrangements for getting my "turtle" pond under way. Well, no winter, and looks like not much of a spring. Lots, and lots, and LOTS of rain (soggy, yucky clay mud!)! It's all come so fast! Spring Break is almost over and my husband took time off to help.... We've managed to have the yard marked for utilities (none), and have most of the junk moved or cleared away. Our rented mini-excavator is coming tomorrow. Not ready yet, but have to do it now - at least the yard has dried out somewhat. Still have to get liner & underneath stuff, and get rocks, pump, and haven't even thought about the filter yet.... Oh my!

But my boxies are coming out, and I'm excited to see them and to see they're looking healthy & active!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic, keep us posted. Looking forward to your build pictures. Start with untouched ground lol.

We dropped in temperature,again, the fish quit chasing again. But then back up into the 70's

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh my goodness gracious! It's a MESS out there -- and all we're doing now is leveling off some old beds! Haven't even started on the pond proper.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm excited too and can't wait to see pictures (I hope you can post some). Will be fun when you get it all done and we can see the turtles in their new home basking in the sun and taking a nice dip in the pond! Hope the weather is nice to you and things dry up enough to dig. Let the games begin!!! Make sure you have plenty of Ibuprofen on hand,lol!

Ask a Question