gh way too high ....advise please

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
freind of mine tested pond found all levels ok but found level too high chocolate brown. not sure how to bring level down.....add peat moss to filter/ water softeners... any help please

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
hi addy1 went to see my mate to day and done a adi test which showed gh slightly high but not bad, he was using strips to do test and i told him there not alway correct. we done a half water change as he was using same water since last year, cleaned out filter and pump. In a nut shell, lack of care and cleaning, he told me he found testers in shed and used two of them to make tests. what can one say....promised him i come over more offen to check pond.[34miles to house]

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hi addy1 went to see my mate to day and done a adi test which showed gh slightly high but not bad, he was using strips to do test and i told him there not alway correct. we done a half water change as he was using same water since last year, cleaned out filter and pump. In a nut shell, lack of care and cleaning, he told me he found testers in shed and used two of them to make tests. what can one say....promised him i come over more offen to check pond.[34miles to house]
Neat glad you helped, bet the test strips were old too! The new test strips I have read way different then the liquid kits.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I use test strips and liquid test kits. For salinity, I only use liquid test kits.
The strips are good for a quick range indicator of all the basic parameters, if something is way out, they will tell you. I always make sure my hands are dry and that I close the bottle immediatley after taking one out. Then I store it in a cool, dark, dry place to keep them as fresh as possible.

Ask a Question