j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
WOW that was a disaster but glad they were able to save the fish. Would not have wanted to be one of those people sitting close to that tank

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am fairly certain that this aquarium was on the reality show tanked that is about a business who installs large aquariums that are custom built.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We had a leak in the main Ocean tank at the National Marine Aquarium here in Plymouth some time ago taherrmann and we are talking untold thousands of gallons but it wasnt the acrilic that went it was caused by a power cut it killed over 200 fish :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-11786104

Water as Val and I know to our cost after three major leaks on our indoor koi tank prior to our move outdoors will always find the path of least resistance and when it does trouble soon follows .
Thankfullly with us it was mistakes that could easily be rectified and was either a seal not propperly in place or a joint where a jubilee grip fastener needed a bit of a tweek.
Our main bit of kit for this was our ever trusty Vac which would leave the carpet near bone dry and the carpet spotlessly clean (y)

Dave ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks for posting that link. I am surprised it did not crack all the way open looking at the amount of water coming out near the end of the video.

Side note when I read Plymouth I think Massachusetts. That is my own ignorance. However, when I click on the link I wish they would at least write England. Just a general complaint with all newspapers. Even reading ones in the states can be very annoying as town names are frequently duplicated.

I once worked at a hotel with a large indoor atrium that had a river and about 25 koi from a 12&1/2' to 2' One night the pumped burned out and they all died. It was a lot of koi for a small space. When the pump was on it looked like a river after a rain. But I would say they all died after about 8 hours of the pump being off. I was shocked how quickly they died. I also suppose if someone had told me the pump was off they could have been easily saved.

Many years ago when canister filter had just started coming in to popularity I had one blow a hose off and drain a 55 gallon salt tank about half way down in minutes. But the salt lives on in your carpet forever.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Think Plymouth the old country where the founding fathers of america set sail and you wont go much wrong as there are many Plymouths in the Wiorld today :LOL: (y)

Dave ;)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow, thanks for posting! We've eaten there, though don't care for it nearly as much as the Rain Forest Cafe.

When I first saw the reference to Disney, my first thought was THE LIVING SEAS exhibit ( but think it's been renamed in honor of Finding Nemo). I got to SCUBA dive there a few years ago -- really cool! I'm a weenie, so that's as close as I plan to get to diving in the real ocean!

Ask a Question