Gin Matsuba

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi,

I'm a new member and I have had Koi for about 15 years now. I have a Gin Matsuba that has a scrape/hole/lesion on its head. I am not sure if it is caused by an injury or is it a disease. I wanted to ask the forumers' opinion and feedback on what I should do. Thank you very much in advance.

Mark

Attachments

• koi.jpg
    koi.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 49
  • koi2.jpg
    koi2.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 60
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@mark9208 there is an actual disease in pond fish called "hole in the head disease". It's caused by a parasite and is treatable. We had one fish with it years ago and were able to buy medicated food for the fish and it recovered. I don't think the medicated food is available to buy anymore however, so you may need to do a bit of research about the medication required and how to administer. And I may be way off on my diagnosis - could be the fish just rammed it's head into something hard or sharp!

I'd also suggest you post your photos and question on Koiphen - that's a forum dedicated to koi keeping and care.

Ask a Question