Giving a great recommendation for Pond Megastore Nurseries!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hey gang! I thought I would share my good experience with Pond Megastore. Before I placed an order, I had a couple of questions and needed to make one adjustment to my order. I was really surprised by the very prompt answers I received. (I sent one email after 10 pm and got an answer by 11!!!!!!!!) I learned that the lilies are not bulbs - they are actual plants. The one I just unwrapped is gorgeous. Great roots, about 7 healthy leaves, and a couple of tiny buds. Everything was carefully wrapped in moist paper and labeled with the name of the plant. They are instructing me to acclimate them in a shady spot outdoors for 72 hours before planting in the sun. This is my first experience with them and I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm glad you had a good experience with them. I had previously ordered from them on several occasions with similar happy results, and then.... the last time I ordered from them will absolutely be the LAST. They sent me the wrong plant (I ordered the 'dwarf' variegated sweet flag, they sent me the regular one - and it was labeled as such) I contacted them, they apologized & sent me a replacement. It was *again* the wrong plant. I complained again. They asked for pictures, which I sent (of the plant + the tag which clearly labeled it as the incorrect one) They replied that it was the right one. No, it was not. They started ignoring my messages. I ended up having to contest the charge on my credit card & also filed a complaint with the BBB.

So, I guess the moral of my story is this: they're great when things go right. If there is a problem, their customer service is crap. I mean really, if they had just done something as simple as offer me a credit on a future order for the cost of the incorrect plant, I would probably have been more than satisfied. Instead they stubbornly dug in their heels, refused to admit they had made a mistake (repeatedly!) and now they have lost me as a customer (and I promised myself I would tell anyone who cared to listen this cautionary tale)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I'm glad you had a good experience with them. I had previously ordered from them on several occasions with similar happy results, and then.... the last time I ordered from them will absolutely be the LAST. They sent me the wrong plant (I ordered the 'dwarf' variegated sweet flag, they sent me the regular one - and it was labeled as such) I contacted them, they apologized & sent me a replacement. It was *again* the wrong plant. I complained again. They asked for pictures, which I sent (of the plant + the tag which clearly labeled it as the incorrect one) They replied that it was the right one. No, it was not. They started ignoring my messages. I ended up having to contest the charge on my credit card & also filed a complaint with the BBB.

So, I guess the moral of my story is this: they're great when things go right. If there is a problem, their customer service is crap. I mean really, if they had just done something as simple as offer me a credit on a future order for the cost of the incorrect plant, I would probably have been more than satisfied. Instead they stubbornly dug in their heels, refused to admit they had made a mistake (repeatedly!) and now they have lost me as a customer (and I promised myself I would tell anyone who cared to listen this cautionary tale)
Oh no! I am sorry that happened. That is crappy!
Maybe I just had first-timers good luck!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wont give pond megastore any good reviews the owner acts like hes God.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220803-224241_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220803-224241_Gmail.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Holy moly, Rsaint! I don't blame you! I can't believe anyone could stay in business with that terrible customer service.

Ask a Question