giving away koi and goldfish in NJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys! Sorry if this belongs in a different forum section, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, my family is moving this summer and we'd really like to see our fish go to a good home with a lot of fish experience rather than get passed down to whoever moves in. I have about 10 comet goldfish ranging from 1" to about 10". Most are probably about 8". I have 2 BIG koi that are probably both about 2+ feet and pure white. I'm in Northern New Jersey. If you want them but aren't sure about transport, I could bring them to you or ship them or whatever. I'd like to make it as convenient for you as possible because I really just want to see them go to a good, knowledgable home. Thanks y'all!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'd have to figure out how to get the koi. but i am interested S nj here. I also have to double check my pond to make sure i can take them. please dont wait for me. i rather have them in a good home.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Angel Thanks for the response! Keep me updated on whether or not you have room/are interested. I'd love for them to go to you.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Jenny Wow very nice of you and maybe @Angel will take you up on that offer! White koi are so pretty and show up nicely in a pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@j.w @Angel If you find you have room, I'd be happy to drive them all the way. The most important thing to me is just that I find them a good home, so I'm very willing to drive them.
I have room, would you drive all the way to MI? :D
I really hope you find good home for all of your fish!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sorry I double checked with my current load I can give them a proper home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
hi @Jenny, I'm interested
which county do you live in? I'm in Somerset county, Closer to Morris

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Sorry I double checked with my current load I can give them a proper home.
how much room do you think two koi will need? I currently only have GF, I may also ask my neighbor who exclusively raises koi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
how much room do you think two koi will need? I currently only have GF, I may also ask my neighbor who exclusively raises koi
2' imho a good deal but not an expert. but i have about 40 fish in my pond and no time to widen the deep section to allow a 2' koi to turn around.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am building a large pond but it will be July before the pond is even close to ready for two 24" koi though I question if they would do any impact to the system this large at all. If you do not find a home by that time Let me know.

Ask a Question