Glod Fish Spawning Problems

Reaction score
I am having some problems with my goldfish spawning. One of my females looks like she is full of eggs and ready to burst any second. She is being chased around by the other goldfish and they throwing her around a lot. From my limited understanding of spawning I thought this was a sure sign that spawning was about to take place and that within a few hours everything would be done. Well the problem is that this has been going on for several days now and my female is getting really beat up. Her sides look pretty raw.

My question is, is something wrong? Why isn't she releasing her eggs? I have a lot of plants and some spawning bruhses in the pond. Anyway a little help would be great. I would like to get some eggs this year but don't want any dead fish.

Gardening

Banned
Reaction score
Better you change the particular fish to some other pond and check it. If it still becomes the same then you consult your doctor about the problem.

Ask a Question