Glue and barrels

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I was wondering if anyone has glued onto a plastic barrel. I will have a pond inside a round metal liner and want to add a barrel to the outside for a diy floating weir skimmer. Will need to make a conection system between a round barrel and the pond and with the round metal form will make it difficult to directly attacch the liner to the open barrel front. I was thinking of trying PL Premium.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used electrical conduit coupling instead of the pvc ones. The grey electrical screws in tighter. Everything was sealed with PL Roof cement. No leaks 8+ years.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I was not thinking of plumbing. I will have to build an entrance to the skimmer maybe 12-16" wide and a 1 long.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I used electrical conduit coupling instead of the pvc ones. The grey electrical screws in tighter. Everything was sealed with PL Roof cement. No leaks 8+ years.
The gray electrical fittings are not tapered thus they can be screwed in tight. White PVC plumbing fittings have a slight taper thus they get tight for a better seal, but you cannot get them "tight". I also use the electrical fittings to make bulkheads and the black PL roof cement, no leaks if surface is cleaned and prepped properly.

Ask a Question