Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And bring it to Maryland? and place by my pond? YEAH!
if I can drive away with that tractor sure why not.

LoL wondering how many people are reading my reply to lisa above and are trying to fill in the blanks like it was jeopardy.. There is no answer !!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The duckling is hanging on his own we stopped catching him / her at night and she's still hanging at the pond I mean why not she is definitely pampered around here all the food she can eat.
I also managed to get my tree stump back together it's rather large and I had to cut /split it up to get it here without and equipment but it's all back together and I'm lovin it.View attachment 113056 View attachment 113058
Such great work what an oasis. Well done. I am sure the duckling loves it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Such great work what an oasis. Well done. I am sure the duckling loves it.
We have had the three H all week little has been accomplished a few hours here a few hours there between the heat of the day, I was forced to sit back and enjoy the pond! Won't be long now telion another 6 months and we may finish these projects we were so optimistic in starting

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pond as she is today
pond at night (1 of 1)-2.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-3.JPG

Attachments

• pond at night (1 of 1)-2.JPG
    pond at night (1 of 1)-2.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 219
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Must be tough to sit and enjoy that view!
It Is, It's torture! every where I look I see liner or underlayment. But I am a tinkerer the more I look at it the more ideas I get and keep plugging away. Scares me when I finally get it done what's next. There's plenty of room for expansion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have had the three H all week little has been accomplished a few hours here a few hours there between the heat of the day, I was forced to sit back and enjoy the pond! Won't be long now telion another 6 months and we may finish these projects we were so optimistic in starting
Hahaha so true. It's been pretty hot here too. I was forced to take a break and get some camping in. But oh my I bet those breaks by the pond while waiting for the heat to break were nice. Start strong finish strong you got this...man do you got this I love your pond I need to bring in more rock and a tree stump lol. #motivation.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Meet Quackers. no fence to keep him at the pond just some duckweed, lettuce, and Koi Pelets Yes he scoops it right up Fighting with the Koi who will get the most. Video to come One happy little duckling
pond at night (1 of 1)-5.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-6.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-7.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-9.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-10.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-12.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-13.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-14.JPG

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
That is cool that the duckling just hangs around, fighting koi for food.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He is a great addition to your pond. I would love watching him and I bet you really enjoy him too. Wonder if he will come back every year to visit when he grows up?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He is a great addition to your pond. I would love watching him and I bet you really enjoy him too. Wonder if he will come back every year to visit when he grows up?
A unexpected surprise for sure. Thought maybe an adult duck would fly in but never expected a duckling just chillin with us for almost two weeks now. He /she is stealing the show for sure it's no longer afraid of the fish it was comical when he'd run away walking on water

Ask a Question