Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I translate that into you bought fish...pics it happens, I am learning that looking at fish is like looking at cars. Don't do it unless you are going with the intent to buy, because once you are there you are leaving with more than you arrived with.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IF YOUR SERIOUS/picky about the quality, the Japanese koi really do have a step over the domestic.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just bought a go pro I don't think that can be hooked up as such. What is it that you have addy that your talking about I know your pond Is a good distance from the house is it blue tooth ?
I have two different security systems, all they do is watch the critters. One does watch the drive way.

I have one that is a older one, analog not HD it runs the underwater cam I have. A lightening storm wiped out the power supply just found the other power supply I had. Need to get it set up again. It is wired via a 100 foot cable to the house dvr. The power supply is run off the power down by the pond.

I just bought another "waterproof" cam, that will work with my other system so they say. I have not had the time to test it out yet. Need to make it a priority................

I have used the go pro to film the fish, but the security cam gives me a constant feed of the fish swimming around in the house on a small TV.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IF YOUR SERIOUS/picky about the quality, the Japanese koi really do have a step over the domestic.

I used to be somewhat picky/serious about koi, but gave that up after I moved to a new house 9 years ago. The new pond is out on the open and an easy target for herons. I don’t need to spend thousands of dollars feeding the herons. I’ll take the cheap domestic koi any day. As I would feel the need to take matters into my own hands with the herons with the expensive fish, which I prefer not to do as they are doing what they do ....eat fish.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@GBBUDD I have read that ducks will harass koi and other fish and even eat the tiny ones but I doubt they will hurt the bigger ones. If you don't want the duck in your pond I'm afraid you will have to take him further than just across the street or you may have to keep doing that and feed him over there instead of at your pond. I would watch him and see if he is just chasing and is not really hurting them. The fish may be faster then him too or learn to be.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@GBBUDD, I will be happy to take the duckling here if your worried about the fish. I am not sure where in CT you live but this weekend I can make the drive if you want. Let me know, even if you want o meet half way of something. Just releasing will not work that well yet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD, I will be happy to take the duckling here if your worried about the fish. I am not sure where in CT you live but this weekend I can make the drive if you want. Let me know, even if you want o meet half way of something. Just releasing will not work that well yet.
Will let you know but thanks for the offer we are trying a little tough love when he cases a fish he finds he's the chased we'll see how it works . I trained some finches above my fish tank so i'd think a duck shouldn't be too crazy. And he's hardly a duckling anymore his feathers are coming in fast and furious. i'll post a pic tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wow. Your pond and fish, just stunning. I think you really did an outstanding job on your pond. Good look training the duckling, and thanks for sharing the videos.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow. Your pond and fish, just stunning. I think you really did an outstanding job on your pond. Good look training the duckling, and thanks for sharing the videos.
thank you for the compliment, more to come, I just bought the go pro I have yet to seriously play with it. I just added four new fish that are stunning. An other New Englander I saw you say you just finished your own pond is there photos

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Looking good, you found some nice pieces of dead trees to put around the pond. Definitely gives it that natural look....well done.

Ask a Question