Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just as the upper pond got finished , i'm tearing apart the moss bog for the expansion of the pond and the rain water capture cistern. The cistern is going to be 12 x 12 x 3' and there is so little about the subject on koi ponds. Yes if you live in Arizona or the remote wilderness of the Rockies there's all kinds of plastic cisterns but next to nothing on aquablocks. And the one thing i thought of today was to have the snorkel and the disappearing stream on opposite corners. so the water will always be moving i almost put them close together but with the blocks they will certainly slow the water from flowing across the containment. Soi plan on opposite corners for the disappearing stream and the snorkel . And i am thinking of drilling or cutting a web of a block for a perforated pipe for pumping air through so in the winter months the water wont go bad . And of course it had to rain all day. i guess it's better than hazy hot and humid.
cistern addition .jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know better, I received my liner last Friday and i did not inspect it with a fine tooth comb I have been busy finishing the upper pond . Well today I went to open the pallet and yup 5 tears scuffs holes what ever you'd like to call them , I was at a loss for word but the didn't last long as I got on the phone with the supplier who requested photos of the damage. Long story short The customer service was top notch and did all they could do in these times with the covid BS. They are shipping replacements out and will be here Friday though I need to pick it up .Which was my idea, so that i could have the liners in time when i have the excavator this weekend.This is going to cost me extra work but not getting the blood boiling listening to excuses like with so many companies today . Justpondliners.com worked with me to get replacements on the way. I will pay a little more if i know a company like this stands by the product. Accidents and abuse happens in shipping especially when a order is trucked across the country. {THERE COST WAS THE BEST I FOUND } " Even before the problem occurred I was able to talk to a human being not just an email. It was like the old days when you shook a persons hand and you did as you said you would. To bad that's long gone but in this case even though it has added extra work to my plate. It has been a pleasure to work with these folks. 5 STARS

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Used just pond liners before as well, and was happy with them. Hopefully the rest of the build is uneventful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It has been a busy day with the events above i was still able to layout the liners and rework the largest to a smaller size that was also damaged. I pulled up and cleaned the liner that was in the bog. Applied the double sided tape to the old liner. And received the 80 easy pro hd matrix blocks. Managed to get 27 of them together before the BODY SAID ENOUGH FOR TODAY
seam.jpg
easy pro.jpg

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
My pallet of easy pro blocks was like that little stacked pallet. Your other one is like a mini mountain.

Speaking of easy pro blocks, underwater warehouse, emailed me today to see how my project turned out. Not bad, most just make a sale and move on.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He has done alright by me his shipping with this pandemic.... B....S.... made it hard to go with him this time around but he like the Justpondliners when i did have a problem he did his best to resolve the issue . Which was a bad batch of aquablocks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got the seam done today it was a challenge The old rubber was folded over making a round out of the liner corner. and the bog has 6" of water where I had to stand to make the seam. This picture shows the double sided tape applied to cleaned epdm I use gasoline and then install the primer using a common scrub kitchen pad making circular motions scrubbing as you go ." no soap infused in the pad" Let the primer DRY FULLY clean and Apply primer to the other piece you want to seam the rubber to apply the primmer to that piece let the primmer dry fully. Lay the rubber and primer over the seam tape leaving the plastic film in place for now. then when the liners are lined up and smooth start at one end pulling the plastic out from underneath smoothing the two rubbers together and needing them so as to not allow air bubbles. work your way all the way down your seam and when done use a common wallpaper seam roller or a hard roller to fores the two together. Picture 1 and 2 I should add you get one chance and one chance only to get it right . this is contact cement once you touch the two material together it's done and can not be moved. The more help the better though i had none but i have done many seams over the years
seam.jpg
1st.jpg

Picture 3 i apply a bead of caulking to the seam so at this point i have a seam with the seam tape and a seam with the caulking
2nd.jpg

Picture 4 is both surfaces that were just seamed and caulked clean and prime" allow primer to DRY FULLY . lay out the top seam tape leaving the plastic on untill you have the seam tape lined up. When you do and the rubber is flat and smooth begin pulling the plastic out slowly working the tape onto the primer and centered over the seam
3rd.jpg

And the last step is to apply caulking over the entire seam .
This will make for a BULLET PROOF SEAM ! Though it doesn't look like the rubber in the last photo was clean i assure you where it was caulked and seamed was spotless.
final.jpg

1. Double sided seam tape
2. Genocil 4500 caulking
3. Single sided seam tape
4. Genocil 4500 caulking
The final product has 4 methods of sealing to the two pieces of rubber.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Also got the ALL the Easy Pro Blocks TOGETHER AND DONE . 80 of them it sounds like a big number . but it only fills a 12x12x3 foot area for 2500, gallons

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD
Would you do a nice descriptive thread about seaming two liners? In the construction thread. With your great pictures and description. I would then make it a sticky. We get a lot of ??'s about seaming liners.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD
Would you do a nice descriptive thread about seaming two liners? In the construction thread. With your great pictures and description. I would then make it a sticky. We get a lot of ??'s about seaming liners.
Sure. I did this one due to the one pond expansion that has posted lately where he had a problem with his seam.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Also got the ALL the Easy Pro Blocks TOGETHER AND DONE . 80 of them it sounds like a big number . but it only fills a 12x12x3 foot area for 2500, gallons

So you went two high then, that is the same dimensions as what I just did with 40 blocks. If could go back 10 years and do it over again would do something like Intake bay or negative edge, huge bog and ditch skimmers and waterfall filters. Maybe in my next life

Excellent description on seaming the liners together. Going to say it looked like you had done that at least once before....haha

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sure. I did this one due to the one pond expansion that has posted lately where he had a problem with his seam.
Thanks It will be a sticky, label it something like Seaming two liners together.

Ask a Question