Golden Orfe acting strange

Reaction score
Hi everyone wondered if anyone knew why a fish is doing this. Its a Golden Orfe and its lying towards the surface of the water, holdings back end and rear tail fin out of the water resting against some mesh netting, but keeps its head underneath the water. It does this for an hour or so then swims about normally. It has just woken up after winter now the weather is getting warmer. Does anyone know why its doing this?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
take him out put him in a tank with a pump and see if he will eat peas .IU just had a bad experience with one of my fish and a neighbors dog and you can see and read it in fish help HELP .I thought he would die for sure .Dog must have pushed the air out of him .I put an aerator hose and a pump in a filter box with filter material around it to filter the water .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
poop from ducks can be very toxic .Have you tested your water .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Orfe are very suseptable you must even remove them if treating a pond with Malachie and formalin however It would be mistake to put it in atank they are too darn skittish for that.

rgrd

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use a piece of window screen and made it into a top weighted down .I am not sure about that type fish ,I only know what I did for my fantail .But fantails move slow and don't jump .

Ask a Question