Goldfish are amazing critters

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
So I had ich on some of my fish. I tried to take the fish out to drain the pond and apply treatment to the pond.

One of the goldfish that came with the pond is a small comet (I think comet not common) and it escaped my netting action. So I figured lemme drain the pond and by then it will be cornered. But I drained it and it came down to the pretty much mud/sludge. I thought the poor fish is now stuck somewhere without water. I was sad and did what I can to clean up for 2 hours. I cut my plants and caught some darters and loaches and then applied meds and started refilling. After filling up a quarter it came out... I was thrilled..

Now that was the nice story... Here is the amazing one:

I have a Sanke goldfish that has been shy for the last three weeks and have not been spotted in 2. I figured it probably got ich and died and essentially was hunting for its carcass when I emptied the pond which I didn't find. Well the next day after the clean up one of my opals got better after being quarantined for 5 days in treatment and I was putting it back. I opened the bag after acclimation and put the fish out and it went down to further get used the water I thought.. I looked again and my eyes were playing tricks on me as I saw two same sized fish, my opal I thought and I was about to move away when I realized it was my invisible Sanke. It survived the draining of the pond and even showed up after being missing for so long. I took it inside to treat it for ich. It had ich all over it. So far it has recovered.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
fish can be sneaky .I missed a baby somehow and now figure let it be .All the others went to new homes .Some how he escaped being caught .

Ask a Question