Goldfish babys

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a fancy tail goldfish and a sharbunkin left in our Pond. We have had koi in the past but these are the two remaining. I went out to feed them and noticed tiny babies swimming all over. My question is do I need to separate these babies from their parents? I don't want them to eat them, from what I've seen they are coming existing but I have no idea how old they are.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
depends on if you want to keep them and how big your pond is and can it handle all the new additions

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Do you want more fish? I think the danger to the fry would mostly be from the parents eating eggs. And they might not be GF. Sometimes birds will transfer babies or eggs.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! I don't separate my babies from the parents. Population control is a good thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
usually goldfish will not eat fry in large place , they can only eat eggs , koi can eat fry some times. so they must be safe in pond . koi are voracious egg eater too , they will eat most of the eggs but if u raise only gf , u will have so many fry . might be reason ur seeing fry for the 1st time as ur koi used to eat the eggs before but now they are gone . show us pics we can tell u more
interesting to see how they grow up as they are cross of shub and fantain !
if they r like eye lash size then under week old

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
annoys me so much when someone makes a thread with a question, then the op never replies again...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I always figure even if the OP gets nothing out of the response, another person seeking an answer to a similar question may be helped.

Ask a Question