Goldfish being bullied.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just made a new goldfish pond early this year and all seems great, until I’ve notice one of my fish seems to be getting bullied by the rest.
I only have 8 goldfish in the pond and all seemed very happy but this poor little chapie getting chased and a lot of side tapping.
What I’ve noticed now is there seems to be like a whiteness on each side of the fish and some fins look to be ragged.
Could this be a case of stress for my bullied fish, maybe developed some sort of fungus..
I have set a smaller tank up to isolate him and maybe treat if needed.
Any advise would be great.
Cheers Kevin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Does the fish have fungus? Or are you worried that it might happen? It does sound like spawning behavior, but it can be hard on the female, especially if she's the object of everyone's affection!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replys.
I think there could be a fungus on this fish...its white and raised a bit from the side??
Will defo try and get it out and put into isolation tank......if it keeps still enough...
Cheers kevin

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
He is probably a she and the males want to spawn with her. It's sometimes rough on the females. They can be relentless chasing her down. You can try to capture her, but that can be difficult. They move so fast.

Ask a Question