Goldfish color genetics

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wondering about this, and I also want to create my own breed of slimbodied goldfish with cool colors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
@Pondguy3579 I haven't got any books on Goldfish Genetics but I do know but I do of one that goes into and covers this very subject however it is a koi book ,
Here is the Title ISBN number and Authors name you can buy it either from Amazon or Ebay :-

It is called Inheritance of Colour's ( Use the American Spelling Color's ),and evolution of koi and Carp.
"A study about genetic diversity of carp population's , inheritance of color traits in koi and evolution of the tetraploid genome of this species".ISBN 9783639154757 by Lior David .
The only other book I have is about goldfish but the fancy variety.....

Fancy Goldfish " a complete guide to care and collecting ISBN 1859749577, By Dr Erik L Johnson DVM and Richard E Hess , Photograph's by Fred Rosenzweig
Its not much in the way of information but I do hope it helps you my friend , (good luck hunting out other Goldfish books that may or may not answer all of your questions

Dave 54

Ask a Question