Goldfish diseases

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello - I am new on this forum. I just found one of my fish floating on its side last night - it was late, I was sure it died, did not remove. Today I saw the fish floating in a horse shoe shape - and was not dead.
How can I help? I have no idea about fish diseases, I guess I am lucky, since I have the pond for 15 years... and no fish problem. Thank you for your help!
35882639_10156504904430421_637364230374293504_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
It's hard to tell from this picture. Are you able to gently scoop the fish out and place in a separate container filled with pond water and an air stone? If you do this, make sure you cover the container as some times fish will jump.

Once in a smaller container, you could get a better look at it and check for injuries....the fish would benefit from extra O2.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Welcome @Zsuzsanna Ratkay , sorry it's under these circumstances though. I would definitely recommend that you test your water with a good liquid/drop based test kit and post the results. API makes a good kit called Freshwater (or Pond) Master Test kit and you can usually obtain them from fish/aquarium retailers or the internet. In my experience once the fish has curled up in the "C" shape it's pretty much too late but you might be able to help the other fish if you identify what caused the fish to get sick.

Ask a Question