Goldfish Fry Appeared

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I have a new container pond in a galvanized bucket that I put together about two weeks ago. Yesterday I noticed things swimming around. After investigating found out they are goldfish fry. My question is how did they get there? Did the eggs come in the new plant that I bought and put in the water? That is the only thing I can think of? It has Papyrus, water Hyacinth, and a pot that had a start from last year. The Papyrus and Hyacinth are the two that I bought. So now what should I do with them? It has an air bubbler in it and thats all. Also has some duckweed that come in the pot with the Papyrus.

Attachments

• flowers june 2013 027.JPG
    flowers june 2013 027.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 310

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Let them grow, see what they become!

Then build a big pond for them.........or give away when they get to big for the container pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I counted this morning about 10 maybe eleven. Probably have to give them away when they get bigger, I do plan on making my pond bigger but I already have 9 in my pond and its not that big. Pretty neat though to have them so up close to watch grow!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I've raised many a fish in those galvanized wash tubs! But the bottoms eventually rust out on them, so now I use plastic tubs. Ten little goldfish will do OK in there for the summer, just find them a new home for the fall!
John

Ask a Question