sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
since 2004 I have never seen a butt baby .;)sad to say I would have loved more of them

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
My pond 900 gallons with mostly mixed goldfish types and 1 koi + dojo loaches/darters/minnows.

Honestly... smaller sizes like mine should be goldfish... I prefer fancies over the single tails. They are just more friendly in my experience.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I have both , i can hardly see any difference in between , both fishes are very similar in behaviour and character , very friendly cute . only difference is there size and growth rate , it can be good thing as you like to see your fish growing big and can be disadvantage too that your pond will reach its limit soon and you cant have alot of varieties .

i had only goldfishes in start in my new house then i added 1 bf koi then added few , there was no difference of any kind in raising them , just i added later on more filter and increased current ,aeration and size of pond .

if you have both they will control overpopulation of gf , I love koi because if there colors , patterns , types , size .... goldfishes dont even stand close in comparison to koi's beauty and presence

if you want to start koi , u can add males or buttefly koi in start , they are more hardy and grows slower

Ask a Question