Goldfish mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 7 differing goldfish all shapes and sizes went ‘missing’ in October last year, only for one to reappear today. Outdoor pretty wild pond, no filters plenty of frogs and plants. Anyone think the remaining 6 maybe be hiding. Seems a long time 4 months to hide out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
It's possible they were eaten by a predator....raccoon, blue heron, snapping turtle etc. Not sure what natural predators are in your area....however, you never know and once the weather warms up, you may see them again !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
But..... I hear the frogs calling... can’t wait for the taddies ,,!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
You’d be surprised how and where goldfish can hide. They can hide in the smallest of nooks and crannies. Sure some might have died from one thing or another but don’t be surprised if one day all are there as if nothing happened.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
^ Yeah that^. I have 4 goldfish. and one seems to be missing. For some reason all the fish like to hang out under the barrel in the middle of the pond. Here lately they refuse to eat anything I feed them. I guess they're feasting on the tadpoles.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I thought I had lost several, but now that it is warmed up, everyone is out and about.

Ask a Question