Goldfish not eating

Reaction score
Country
United States
Due to New construction on our house we had to take our preformed pond out. We sat it in our screened in porch until we could get it back in the ground. That took about 3 months. It is back in the same spot but with more sun. My fish use to go crazy swimming all around after it's been cleaned out. Now they just stay in the bottom and they don't eat their food which they would go nuts over before. They ate fine while the pond was in the porch. We have well water so I don't think it's the water. I've had these same fish for at least 10 years and this is the first time they have acted like this. Do you have any clues? Nothing else has changed except for it getting more sun. Thanks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How long has it been filled? They take a while to get used to new digs

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1565911008399.gif
@CherylK4356
Perhaps they are afraid of all the light from the sun they are not used to. Could be too warm too as @mrsclem suggested or it will just take more time like @addy1 says. All you can do is to wait and see.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it possible that the water is getting too warm and they are staying down where its cooler?
I thought of that, but they are down there all the time even when there is no sun. It doesn't get sun until about 2pm. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Possibly, but there is a large water lily and a couple other plants. I changed the flow of the water thinking they aren't liking it right now and it seemed to help. I don't have the waterfall up yet just the pump running and the tubing just under the water level so that it's aerating the water a little bit but it may be too strong of a current. We will see! Thanks.
View attachment 123958@CherylK4356
Perhaps they are afraid of all the light from the sun they are not used to. Could be too warm too as @mrsclem suggested or it will just take more time like @addy1 says. All you can do is to wait and see.

Ask a Question