Goldfish photos only

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
JW, you would have gone nuts there! they had short finned, long finned, sarassa's shubunkins, orandas, telescopes in chocolate, red, red and white, black and calico and pompom, pearl scales, Ryukins, standard fantails,lion heads,wakins, watoni, black, and a very few select mettalic blue shubunkins. Those were a little more than I wanted spend for a goldfish. @$30 for a 3-4" fish I figured I would wait and see if the mettalic blue go down a little before I get one of them. The shubunkins and long tailed comet were only $3 each so that's why we stayed with them for now. Even the Big pearl scale and lion head we got weren't but $10 each. the Koi weren't that bad either, all ranged from $20-$45 each and ranged from 7" to 14 1/2".

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm a cheapskate tho, lol, but I would'a went for the Comet like yours and the Shubbies if they were as nice looking as your cool long fin comet at $3. each :cool:

Reaction score
Hi! I recently adopted 9 beautiful fish. I am new to the pond world and really don't care what kind of fish they are because I love them just the same. I am curious though how would I know what they are? They are probably between 10 and 15 inches and different colors. Some are orange, orange & white, others are calico color and some have large long fins.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Welcome, Andins! Look on page 3 of this thread, Shahako describes goldfish and how to identify the different types. THEN, at the end of his descriptions, there is a link you can click on that has pictures to go with the descriptions! Very cool, and informative. I learned tons from that one link! Good luck!!! Oh, then come back and let us know what you have, and post pics, too! We all love to see pics. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hi andins and they will probably outgrow your pond fast if they have not already outgrown it .Hope you can post some pics of them

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well finally the fish show themselves, the larger ones are from last year. There are a few fry in the shot also. They are about 3-4 feet down.

The line up, jw I started feeding them, pond is too empty of stuff to eat. They have kept the algae on the liner wiped out.

I toss some pellets in, the floating type, the waterfall takes them down and they pop back up, the fish line up to eat them.

DSC01511.jpg

The tri tail shubie, made it through the winter. Some of the fry hanging out.

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sure was stroppy, the large white goldie is the one I saw spawning, chased by the solid orange one.

By feeding them near the water fall, it is the deep section, the large guys stay out of the shallower area. So if a heron comes a calling they have a chance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yippee for you, Addy! So happy you finally got to see your goldies! It got really hot here, today, about 92 and same tomorrow. Wish this IL weather would decide cold or hot! I'd rather it stay around 80. :) Seems not to be my choice, though.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's great addy............all of them in the chow line.............you have lots of fish and you finally get to see them :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
27Goldfish, are you saying that the glue on your patch kit killed the goldfish? If that's the case, please let me know what you used so I never use that product! Or, maybe I'm just misunderstanding. So sorry to hear about you losing all of them. Very sad indeed! I'm anxious to get fish in my new pond, but more anxious for them to live, so will be more than patient! BTW, I have a frog in the pond already! Heard him tonight, in the dark, singing. He's one of those little guys that very loud. LOL Waiting for the bullfrogs to find it next. :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I can remember when I was hoping the first frogs would show up, then the excitement of the second kind showing up, then found we had a third kind and a forth kind, Then what was I thinking I went out and bought a fifth kind. We have learned a valuable lesson about frogs and ponds. Not the best idea to put one right beside your bedroom window! The Orchestra doesn't stop when your ready to go to bed! It's so loud when all of them sing at one time, I would be willing to make a bet that we have well over 300 different frogs in my yard and seriously, 25-50% can and do sometimes all crank it up at the same time. Sometimes I really think I would rather have newts. But we like our frogs, :yikesu: Sometimes...

Ask a Question