Goldfish swollen on right side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
frank was a rescue from domeone who got him on a fair last year. Poor guy was in a right state whwn he arrived. 2 days ago I noticed a bulge on his side and 2 missing scales right behind it. I have taken him into a hospital tank and am treating him with an internal anti bacteria (chloramine t) and aquarium salt but he isn't getting better. I cannot see any pine coning but am not sure if his eyes have popped.

Perhaps someone knows whats going on?

The top photo was taken today (the water is darn cloudy sorry)
The second photo was taken yesterday
The others were taken the day before that when I first noticed the bulge

20200818_192344.jpg
20200816_150500.jpg
20200815_205802.jpg
20200815_205702.jpg

20200815_181853.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I forgot to add. 0 ammonua, nitites and nitrates. We had a massive heat wave which heated up the pond quite a bit i think
He is still eating and swimming around

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would pay very close attention to the water quality of your hospital tank. How large is it? One other thought, I become uneasy when someone reports 'zero' for all testing parameters.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would pay very close attention to the water quality of your hospital tank. How large is it? One other thought, I become uneasy when someone reports 'zero' for all testing parameters.
I test the hospital tank every other day. Tested today and again all 0.
I have people question me all the time on the parameters, and even went to buY a second test kit. but both tests come back with the same results. The pomd is heavily planted and I do regular cleaning. Why the hospital tank isn"t displaying nitrates surprised me too but i used pond water and an established filter. The bucket is can hold 55 liters and is currently half full.

Ask a Question