Goldfish with dropsy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of weeks ago I had a goldfish with suspected dropsy, after consulting your boards and researching on the net a little TLC and she is doing so much better, she was bloated pine coning and not doing great, she continued to bloat until she was like a little tennis ball! Have attached before and after pics, the after not too great as I didnt want to stress her. Thanks for all the advise. Last pic she the one at the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_1737[957].jpg
    IMG_1737[957].jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1738[901].jpg
    IMG_1738[901].jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1808[951].jpg
    IMG_1808[951].jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 121
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I missed your previous thread, can you note what worked for your fish? She looks a lot better.
Hi yes, I checked water which was good, gave her an epsom salt bath returned her to pond and treated whole pond with anti bacteria /fungal treatment- I had another fish with fungus - cant remember name but it was green and treated twice over 4 days, fed with live tubifex, another salt bath after 4 days then treated with anti parasite medication again twice over 4 days, another salt bath and continued giving live food twice a day for seven days, she is now active, eating well and almost back to normal size with no pine coning.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi yes, I checked water which was good, gave her an epsom salt bath returned her to pond and treated whole pond with anti bacteria /fungal treatment- I had another fish with fungus - cant remember name but it was green and treated twice over 4 days, fed with live tubifex, another salt bath after 4 days then treated with anti parasite medication again twice over 4 days, another salt bath and continued giving live food twice a day for seven days, she is now active, eating well and almost back to normal size with no pine coning.

Thank you!

Ask a Question