goldfish

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a 800 gallon galvanized pond with 3 5" and 3 2" goldfish and around 30 minnows. We have several plants that grow on top and bottom of pond. The water is clear but can't see fish anymore. Testing is good on quality. The fish are swimming around nicely but don't seem interested in eating. Why are they not eating and why can I no longer see the fish even though the water is clear. The pond was started last spring and we have had a very hot summer with a lot of rain so far. Thanks for any input. Oh yeah...we have a all in one filter/pump with uv light that pumps 640 gph.

Reaction score
Country
United States
most galvanized tanks will poison fish
Oh my....I was never told that before. I even asked the pond store if it was safe.....the fish seem happy and swimming around and even having babies but at the beginning of the summer I could see them clearly and now I can't hardly see them at all...some say all you need is a good pump/filter with fountain and uv with beneficial bacteria....but guess they ae eating plant life and not interested in the food I'm feeling, at least I hopeful of that. Thanks for responding

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome, with clear water and seeing no fish I would say the fish are gone.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
OK. Let me repeat what you said - the fish are swimming around nicely but you can't see them. You also said the fish are swimming around but are not interested in eating. Then you said the water is clear.

So to ask this question clearly - how do you know the fish are swimming around nicely if you cannot see them?

Do you see what we are confused? Do you mean the fish WERE swimming around nicely but now you can't see them ANYMORE?

Ask a Question