Gonna builda bog!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
So, I'm revamping the pond a little (looks so plain in winter) I had some extra liner folded under and it's going to be a little bigger.....anyway, I'm going to attempt a bog up on the right hand side up toward the top....I have until spring so just going slow. I will be asking for advice, I'm sure!
20191117_105117.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
FIRST QUESTION !!!!! ( Questions) :p Ok, i'm going to put cinder block around as a "frame" so its about a foot deep, and put in liner. What size pipe did you guys use? Will my 1800 gph waterfall pump work, or do I need a bigger one?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used two inch pvc cut with slits. The pump you have will do a fine job.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I think we too used 2 inch PVC with slits. Hubby placed our slits at an upward angle, I thought they would be downward facing.....so hoping it doesn't clog.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My slits are down, since I turn all off for the winter, I figured why chance some pea gravel falling down into the slits.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
FIRST QUESTION !!!!! ( Questions) :p Ok, i'm going to put cinder block around as a "frame" so its about a foot deep, and put in liner. What size pipe did you guys use? Will my 1800 gph waterfall pump work, or do I need a bigger one?
i would bury your cinder blocks at least in half there height if your laying them traditionally as most cinder blocks are 8 tall so lock them in the dirt 4" .. if your standing them up which is not a bad idea but will require a lot more blocks " tall i'd bury them in 8 inches and leave 8 inches above grade if you don't lock the blocks in some way they will shift and cause problems. Another easy way is to use retaining wall blocks if you use 8" tall x 6" or 8" wide and 16" long block they have a Teflon pin that when you stager the joints the pin inserted in one block lock the upper and lower together this will save many hours of aggravation down the road.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
GBBUDD, i was going to lay them sideways........and dig down in the middle bog part a few inches. Should i lay 2 blocks deep with a stake in the middle holes?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
2 inch pipe it is!! Slots down, got it! 3/8 size gravel, right?
yes

The block I have not built with it, but I think I have read that people do drive a stake in the middle hole, rebar, some also fill the blocks with concrete.

Ask a Question