Good Bye Jake

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
One of my long time friends pased away.I had this goldfish for 8 years.I don't see any signs of illness or disease

.All I know is that the other 10 fish are still up in the cold winter ledge,so I assume they are ok. I thought something was weird when I saw Jake a few days back wandering around the pond.I also assume the others knew this fish was sick/old and kicked him out of the pack :lol:............................ and I hate rainy Mondays.

Attachments

• jake.JPG
    jake.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 267
  • jake 1.JPG
    jake 1.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 281

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
weird.I thought goldfish were hardier than koi's,but it was a terrible winter.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aww darn sorry diggin..................

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
DrDave..............33 yrs, man that is old for a fish isn't it?
He had a good long life but I'm sure you miss him alot
oldfish.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jw think he was talking about a person. Information technology...........IT

Sorry to hear that drdave

That is very young, but they are saying more young people are having heart issues than ever before.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
He was one of our best IT guys. I was shocked to see the picture of him and the planned services today. It seems like it happens a lot but being in a large company I guess I should expect it. We just learned a month ago that a 46 year old Engineer I know and work with was given 6 months to live.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
j.w said:
Wow he was a huge beauty. Sorry you had to lose him
cry.gif
yea when I got him he wasn't even as big as his tail.onething I notice is that Jake really put on some pounds since I stop feeding them,and the others look as though they may have had a fin in the cookie jar.
I believe someone asked if fisg grow during the winter.I have to agree.

Sorry for hijacking the thread
no problem

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
DrDave said:
He was one of our best IT guys. I was shocked to see the picture of him and the planned services today. It seems like it happens a lot but being in a large company I guess I should expect it. We just learned a month ago that a 46 year old Engineer I know and work with was given 6 months to live.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Sorry DrDave I misunderstood and thought you were talking about a fish. 33 is way to young for a guy to die and so is 46
sad.gif

We just don't know what the good Lord has planned for each one of us but we do know that He does have a plan even if we don't understand.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know about the heart stuff as I was born with a heart defect and always watch what I eat and do .I have learned when enough is enough and stop as you cannot know .Sorry to hear he was so young and nothing in life ever seems fair .My mom always said when a person passes a new star is born ,so the sky gets a new star .But I never let it stop me I just say it slows me down sometimes

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy where have you been........nice to see ya back :regular_waving_emot

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:regular_waving_emotI've been working on my pond and then had to help my neighbor rebuild there filter since a deer ran it down and destroyed it and then of course I got sick and thank you for the welcome back .At least now I feel like myself again

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What a bummer about your neighbors pond..........a deer you say? Wow never even thought of that being a problem w/ ponding. Glad to hear you are feeling better now and glad to have you back :regular_waving_emot

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh you should see the damage the deer did too tracks everywhere and knocked over the barrel they had as a filter now they are using a stock tank .I guess the deer was scared by hunters in the woods .The deer ripped the liner for the waterfall too .I had one so scared here last year from a hunter that he ran into my lawnmower before he got the chance to jump it I'm guessing as I was about 4 feet away and heard the crash .He got the top and steering wheel of the mower ,guess he didn't jump high enough .thank you

Ask a Question