j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Here is the link Amber was talking about: http://www.cleaneati...om/Recipes.aspx Thanks Amber!
I will have to check it out. You are so right about drinking lots of water Amber. My doc told me to drink about 8 glasses per day. I have to put lemon juice in mine to try to keep the kidney stones away. Need to put a bit of honey in it tho or would not be able to drink it. Am trying also to drink green tea every day to help curb appetite also. I drink about 6 cups per day...................w/ honey of course. Stopped using the sugar free sweeteners too as they say they can cause cravings of sugary foods and not supposed to be good for you either. Although the protein powder I use does have the S.F sweetener (sucralose) in it, darn!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i beleive stevia is the only natural sugarless sweetener. its a healthier choice...many have a licorice taste tho...i think truvia is a stevia based sweetener.ive never tried it tho.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wanted to try that Stevia but found out it is high in oxalates which I can't use do to kidney stones, darn! Might be good for others w/o my problem tho.

Here is a yummy sounding recipe I found on that site Amber suggested:

http://www.cleaneati...illabaisse.aspx

Reaction score
I guess I won't be following this thread, I like all the crap that is bad for you. :razz:
full fried breakfast, eg, eggs beacon sausage, mushrooms, blackpudding and beans with toast almost every morning ! and ive been the same weight 11.5 stone (or 73kgs) since i was 17, dont lose or dont gain !! as they say " you carnt put weight on a thoroughbred" lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mogsie.....................
tongue8.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Found out that Stevia liquid is low in oxalates but the powder is high. And Agave Nectar is low also.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are using agave nectar instead of sugar, honey needs things sweet.

For those that don't know 10000 steps are around 5 miles. I manage 8-9000 steps, mine are all hills, drove the route and it is 4.6 miles. Not a flat piece of road in our neighborhood......darn. Then the 1/2 to 1 hour pup walk up and down our back yard hills, those suckers are steep.

Maybe we all need to start riding mountain bikes Mogsie!

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
Hi spare a thought for me ..GOT.IBS ,MILD COPD, HAD STENT FITTED, AFTER HEART ATTACK AND GLUTEN FREE FOR REST OF LIFE

NOT ALLOWED Nuts,tomatos,seeds,wheat,barley, most sweets, bread and no red meat allowed small amount of dairy, with plenty of h2o

Did not know how many products were full of glutens until i got the above.

Doc told me to watch my diet ,eat heathy food and plenty of excercise..........so im out doors all weathers making new pond and enjoying every minute of it

If he calls me above, i will remember to take the fish food with me ......just in case!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well your exercise plan, building ponds, is looking great whiskey!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gee Whiskey, what can you eat? I'm not supposed to eat anything w/ oxalates or at least high oxalates and that includes a lot of foods but first doc said to just cut out the nuts for 6 months and come see him again and if that works w/o really having to cut out all the high oxalates then I will just leave out the nuts and go bazerko w/ the other foods.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I do have some Stevia extract powder that I bought a long time ago and it had a licorice taste......not too nice of a flavor to me. Says on the net you can make it into liquid a couple different ways and strain it through a coffee filter to rid it of the oxalates. Might try that. You can even use Vodka to mix into it and then let stand for 24 hrs etc. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like a fine idea eh,lol? Might just end up using the Agave stuff as it's sweeter and ya don't have to use very much of it compared to white sugar. Honey is best if bought raw.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
just bought my first bundle of asparagus....any ideas on how to prepare it, aside of steaming? i already steam broccoli enough!...oh broccoli ideas would be nice as well.

Reaction score
yes lots of exercise for me and plenty of work, high metabolism ! i do drink plenty of fruit juice tho mainly after is has fermented into wine !!
hey koiguy i like to make broccoli and stilton soup ! very nice

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Haven't tried this one but it sounds good and easy! I don't like anything to do w/ asparagus tho.

5-Minute Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Kalamata Olives
Healthy Steaming is one of our Healthiest Way of Cooking methods that makes broccoli taste great as well as retaining its wonderful flavor. You will also be benefiting from the health-promoting sulfur compounds found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli.Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb broccoli
  • 3 TBS crumbled feta cheese
  • 6 kalamata olives, sliced or chopped
  • Mediterranean Dressing
  • 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 medium cloves garlic
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste

• Optional:
  • 1/2 red onion sliced, add to steamer with stems or 2 minutes before florets
  • 5 drops tamari soy sauce
  • 2 TBS sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 medium red onion, sliced (cook with the stems)
Directions:
  1. Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water.
  2. While steam is building up in steamer, cut broccoli florets into quarters. Peel stems and cut into 1/4-inch pieces. Let florets and stems sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
  3. Chop or press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
  4. Steam stems for 2 minutes before adding the florets.
  5. Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss broccoli with the remaining ingredients and any of the optional ingredients while it is still hot. (Mediterranean Dressing does not need to be made separately.)
Serves 2
Healthy Cooking Tips:
To mellow the flavor of garlic, add garlic to broccoli for the last 2 minutes of steaming.

Ask a Question