Good Foods for Great Health

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Lou...V8 is made by campbells, so it likely contains GMOs, and is a bit high in sodium for some. but i enjoy it and its healthier than alot of other high sugar juices. i like veggy juices with some hot sauce. for the taste and the natural capcazin. (natural anti-inflammatory)

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Found out today that I have Diabeties. Totally treatable with a twice a day slow release med. My something level is 8.4. My goal is to reduce that level to 7. Fully understand the necessary changes to my diet. Very glad to say that I fully embrace whatever I must do. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that Lou but you are sure taking it well. Lots of people have it and it is very manageable if you obey the rules. Losing weight is a good way to get started.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Big Lou said:
Found out today that I have Diabeties. Totally treatable with a twice a day slow release med. My something level is 8.4. My goal is to reduce that level to 7. Fully understand the necessary changes to my diet. Very glad to say that I fully embrace whatever I must do. :)
Lou, sorry to hear that too. The most important thing in diabetes is diet. People have been able to get off their meds by cutting down on food and exercising. Not giving medical advice or asking you to go off meds of course, but Google it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have taken my honeys blood sugar from 200 something to 110--120 in the am with just 2 months of diet and exercise. Takes work takes planning meals, takes eating balanced and right. Still need it a little lower, need to get his ac1 level down, we will see how well it goes in March.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
for those who still drink beverages out of 2 litre bottles...
1604508_597336870321917_1059312155_n.jpg

Recycling plastic bottles to make mini greenhouses

Miniature Green House – One great way to keep your seedlings going with little water is to create condensation. By cutting the tops off of two liter bottles and punching small holes in the bottoms, you can provide a makeshift green house for seedlings to prosper in. Just place the end that has been removed over the plant and secure it snug into the dirt. The moisture rising due to the heating effect within the bottle can put water back into the soil as well as provide some protection from predators.
via sodahead.com

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
That was so nice of you to say John.

Thirty four years ago I was a young twenty-six year old soldier. Weighted 145lbs and run up to six miles a day! My young bride was oh so impressed. When I retired from the military at thirty-eight I weighted about 165lbs and ran up to two miles a day. Now at sixty my bride of thirty-four years is still proud. Love is blind. :)

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Big Lou said:
That was so nice of you to say John.

Thirty four years ago I was a young twenty-six year old soldier. Weighted 145lbs and run up to six miles a day! My young bride was oh so impressed. When I retired from the military at thirty-eight I weighted about 165lbs and ran up to two miles a day. Now at sixty my bride of thirty-four years is still proud. Love is blind. :)
Lou, I'm jealous of you.
The last time I was 145lbs I was 14.
The last time I was 165lbs I was 20.
When I was 26, I was 175 lbs.
When I was 38, I was 185 lbs.
Now I'm (censored), I'm (censored) lbs.
My bride is (censored)(censored)(censored).

Ask a Question