Good luck to our American and Canadian Cousins

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We are getting reports the east coast of the US and Canada is about to get upwards to a metre of snow over the next 24 hours just wishing you all good luck nd hope you weather it all well and safely .
The BBC report a blizzard of epic porpotions is about to hit .
On a plus for the UK and Europe is this will break a cold spell thats been effecting us these last four weeks replacng it with slightly warmer air .
Fingers crossed that because of this we dont get the awful storms of last year .
Good luck Guys and wrap up warm

Dave and Val

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've been watching coverage for a few hours now. Not too bad there yet but its picking up.

Reminds me of the famous Groundhog's Day blizzard of 2011. They say we got 2' but drifting caused our entire driveway and as far as the eye could see to have about 3' to 4'. Some drifts were as high as 8'. It was the craziest storm I have ever seen. Very windy the entire night, and snow was falling faster than anyone could shovel. You couldn't even see across the street until it let up. I remember seeing about 8" covering the driveway in less than two hours. Even so, by the end of the next day roads were mostly clear and everything was back to normal other than the mounds of snow along roads and driveways. New York City and Boston have a lot of flat-roofed buildings, so they may have some problems with cave-ins.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We stopped at 3 -4 inches, New York is not getting hit like predicted, 10-12 inches instead of xx feet. The storm is circling back down, still not predicting a bad hit here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We stopped at 3 -4 inches, New York is not getting hit like predicted, 10-12 inches instead of xx feet. The storm is circling back down, still not predicting a bad hit here.
Well its definately gotten warmer here in the UK as predicted ,however addy we are still keeping our fingers crossed for you all that you ddge the bullet so to speak and dont get hit hard by this Polar Vortex

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I would like some snow but yep that's just too much back east! Stay safe and warm indoors.

Ask a Question