Good thing I got turtles & pond ready for winter early...

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Just looked at the weather station and the log showed that it was 46°F this morning at 7:30AM. Without the winterizing and bringing in the non-hibernators early they would have all died or went into shock. I guess you really can't be too prepared. Even right now it is 50° F out there.
DSCN3550.JPG

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Going back into the nineties here.
I am pretty sure we will get back up into the 70's or 80's but I think 90's and 100's are over for this year at my house.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It got down to 53 again last night but mid 80's during the day so temp. swings really cause problems .I started again loosing 2 inch's of water and still not sure where since it is a new liner .I sent video and pics of the liner to dr foster and smith after there request to see if I had any before liner was installed and I had them all and sent them and firestone contacted me this morning via E-mail .I had pics of a couple of not sure flaws I saw and video of liner laid out on the ground and measuring tapes on it to show the size of it .They said they have decided it looks like a flaw to them also and they are sending me a new liner that is bigger and 4 patch kits free .Really do they understand how hard it is to replace a liner by your self .Thanks a lot for nothing but more headache .Glad they back there product ,but why me .:(So remember not every thing is perfect and document every thing other wise you may have a fight on your hands

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
It got down to 53 again last night but mid 80's during the day so temp. swings really cause problems .I started again loosing 2 inch's of water and still not sure where since it is a new liner .I sent video and pics of the liner to dr foster and smith after there request to see if I had any before liner was installed and I had them all and sent them and firestone contacted me this morning via E-mail .I had pics of a couple of not sure flaws I saw and video of liner laid out on the ground and measuring tapes on it to show the size of it .They said they have decided it looks like a flaw to them also and they are sending me a new liner that is bigger and 4 patch kits free .Really do they understand how hard it is to replace a liner by your self .Thanks a lot for nothing but more headache .Glad they back there product ,but why me .:(So remember not every thing is perfect and document every thing other wise you may have a fight on your hands
Leaks and other water loss problems suck. I had the one experience this year when a pump line busted and caused me to lose about 700 gallons of water. I learnt from the mistake though and now have all my pumps set up with redundant features to make sure that can't happen again. Good luck with the liner. Foster & Smith have always been good about all the stuff I bought from them so it should get resolved.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have all my hoses and all my filters set so that all water if there is a leak can only go back in the pond .I decided it was easier on me to do it that way .Geeze it was just last year I replaced the liner .It just makes me feel more and more like giving up .I am not getting any younger and liner i had bought was 20x25 and came here at 24 x29 + if i remember correctly .I would have to look at video again .But it gives me a headache to think about it .I think i need to change my last name from Murphy ,:)maybe that will help .

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I have all my hoses and all my filters set so that all water if there is a leak can only go back in the pond .I decided it was easier on me to do it that way .Geeze it was just last year I replaced the liner .It just makes me feel more and more like giving up .I am not getting any younger and liner i had bought was 20x25 and came here at 24 x29 + if i remember correctly .I would have to look at video again .But it gives me a headache to think about it .I think i need to change my last name from Murphy ,:)maybe that will help .
Just don't change it to Goldberg lol

Ask a Question