Got an offer for a free filter

Reaction score
I have a Proline 2550 GPH pump. From what I can see it will work with a Tetra BP 4000 or 2500 pressurized filter but I wanted to ask before advice. The filter will be of my choosing and I decided on going with pressurized. Anyone have a preferance on filters?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't know anything about them, but someone here should know. Great you got the offer!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You won't find many here fond of pressurized filters. They work great when they are clean and every minute they run is downhill from there until they plug up. Then the fun begins.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have a pressurized Ehiem on my aquarium, pretty large one and not a crowded tank and I have to clean it every 3-4 weeks. Also run a undergravel with powerheads and a Cartridge type hang on filter. I could only imagine how often one would have to be maintained running in an outdoor pond,. Very few fish,( goldies or samller fish) Maybe, no fish and just plants, Better application, Koi- FORGET ABOUT IT!

Reaction score
I have one too that I used as prefilter. It does stop a lot...A lot of water. Especially after a week or two, it stops almost all of it. Wouldnt be so bad if the backflushing actually did anything but for some reason that just spits out clear water. Perhaps others arent as bad as what I have, but Im no fan.

Reaction score
I suppose I could do that. But I wonder is there any benefit to it being under pressure then?
THe amount of filter media is rather miniscule compared to my barrels. BTW, mine has some rocks, activated coal and japanese matting.

Reaction score
I would go with the same idea take out the pads and just use bio media, i did had a laguna pressurized filter in my last pond and it was easy to clean but not sure about the tetra

Ask a Question