got my fish from rain garden goldfish

Reaction score
the yellow is a bit more orage then it was in the pics but I bet that is because of the blue background. My picture makes it look even more orange.
90D9459F-orig.jpg

56412304-orig.jpg

7104B156-orig.jpg

99185ED3-orig.jpg

D11CDEED-orig.jpg

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice and healthy looking, Did you save pics of the original order? I went back to look at your original post where you said you gad them ordered and all I see are two red x's. I wanted to compare. for the price you paid I expected better. They look well packaged but that yellow does look far more orange than I thought it would be.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Blue background will make yellow stand out better but not that much better. My backflush Koi (Dumplin) was yellow in the grass, yellow in the blue bowl, and yellow when I put it in the pond, Now it's a yellow and vivid black. I know in comets orange is the dominate color, I've seen many multi colored comets turn back to plain orange fish. For that price I hope your stays yellow, That would not be cool buying a yellow comet and having it shipped in all the way from hawaii and it turn out being a common orange comet.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
we have a koi that is the same way, Bought it off of ebay as a yellow yambuki and it's more of a yellow orange. still a nice fish but not what we really wanted, Then the wife found a true yellow doitsu and it makes the orangy one even look more orange. You water may lighten or darken how it appears too. that will take weeks or months for the water to cause any changes and they are so slow you almost don't notice them changing at all. My Black comet started out 100% black, now I would say 60% black 40% orange and he gets lighter each year, I thought at 12-14" he would be done changing but nope no more growth but a constant color change.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Stroppy, They also had a video of the fish. I doubt either were photo shopped. It is a little strange though because the pics on their web page make it look very yellow and it doesn't look that way here. I used to sell gemstones. We always know what color to put behind the gems to make the right color stand out. Diamonds were always in a blue wrapper, rubies in a yellow etc.

Reaction score
I talked to him I think it is just the way the pic looks. hell in the pond he looks yellow and not orange at all. he was not as orange as he was in the picture.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
good to hear Steve, bet it is pretty in your pond.

Ask a Question