got new fish coming need advice on home for a couple weeks.

Reaction score
Well I broke down and spent fathers day money on a couple of gf. since my pond is small I have to choose well and since my wife is blind I have to make sure each fish is different enough so she can see them. since yellow is my favorite color and the yellow koi needs a new home soon this should do it.
ok how to quarantine them? I have a 30 gal preformed pond full of plants that would work though unless I remove all the duckweed I would never see them. I can get a Rubbermaid rectangle tub fill it with pond water make a simple sponge/filter media in a slotted basked with pump in the middle) filter put it in the pond for a week or so till they come.
any better idea's?

7165a.JPG

http://www.raingarden.us/goldfish-comet.htm
7167a.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those are beautiful fish and your wife will love them. I sure love them. I think either way would be fine cuz they aren't going to be in there forever and if you have duck weed in there it won't be in there long cuz they will eat it all. Mine do anyways really fast :lol:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Wow, Nice fish, That yellow one is Super nice!!!! Did it come from raingarden? that's they only folks I have seen that sell yellow comets.

Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
Wow, Nice fish, That yellow one is Super nice!!!! Did it come from raingarden? that's they only folks I have seen that sell yellow comets.

well I have not gotten it I just ordered it tonight. Yep I posted the link to their site.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Steve, Congrats on your new additions! Let us know if they arrive ok. I have heard nothing but good things about this source. I know some ponders make it a rule to quarantine all new fish, but I wouldn't think you have to with these. I would be curious what other people think.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful gf steve, With the cost of their fish and the quality I would not worry about them either.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I QT all fish, Doesn't matter what I paid or where I got them. Moving a fish stresses it. If it's going to show up it normally will right after being moved. Not a cool sight to add a new fish and go out the next day or two to see how it's doing and find several fish sick or dying.
Did you know that EVERY fish carries bacteria, viruses, and parasites. EVERY SINGLE ONE! But then again so do we as humans,.. It's when the fish get weak that they attack. a stressed fish has a lower immunity and this gives the bacteria, virus or parasite a chance to grow and spread. I seriously doubt raingarden would send a sick fish knowingly, Ick is on all fish and it only takes a stress factor to get it started and spread like wildfire.

Reaction score
Steve knight said:
the only problem is the plant pond has no filter and no real way to put one in there without running a long extension cord to it.

As a temporary solution I see no problem with it . I have done it , smaller pumps draw low enough amps as to not cause a problen . Again just as a temp solution .

Yellow comets ??? !!!!!! I need some !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
jupiter1 said:
As a temporary solution I see no problem with it . I have done it , smaller pumps draw low enough amps as to not cause a problen . Again just as a temp solution .

Yellow comets ??? !!!!!! I need some !!!!!!!!

for 60.00 you can have one.

Ask a Question