Got Rock? A new pond needing help.

Reaction score
I introduced myself last night, but I will do so agin because it appears I need 5 posts for pics.
My name is Glenn and my wifes name is Kelly ( she wants a pond) :biggrin:

Reaction score
We live in Lebanon,Connecticut and we are currently restoring an old farmhouse and barns that were built in 1850. Last year we celebrated our 25th Anniversary and I started a perennial flower garden on our property and now my wife would love to have a waterfall and a small pond to be a part of it.

Im almost at my 5th post count for links and photos so please be patient. :biggrin:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum buck ...
i want to see the barn

Reaction score
Oh boy, it appears that I just did a lot of photo posting and typing for nothing and I need to re-read the forum regulations here on posting photos and links in a thread to save myself what I consider valuable time. :banana:

Now Im tired and its passed my bed time. :biggrin:

Reaction score
Definately add the pond to your landscape. Its the best thing I ever did. Very peacefull and well worth the small amount of upkeep it takes. I take it you made the same mistake i did and tried to post more then 4 pictures and had to start over.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
dont bother with a small pond...go large, you'll end up doing it eventually anyways! this stuff is addicting!! LOL..........AND WELCOME ABOARD

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Buck said:
Oh boy, it appears that I just did a lot of photo posting and typing for nothing and I need to re-read the forum regulations here on posting photos and links in a thread to save myself what I consider valuable time. :frown:

Now Im tired and its passed my bed time. :biggrin:

Buck posting a photo is very easy. The problem you may be having is size or possibly format. When you are at the Manage Attachments, read the options and sizes permissable. I think once you get the hang of it you will see it only takes seconds to do it.

Reaction score
Oldhead said:
I take it you made the same mistake i did and tried to post more then 4 pictures and had to start over.
Hey Oldhead... You hit the nail on the head and that was it exactly but I am calmer now. :D I have never been the best, nor the fastest typist in the world and after all the time that I took that night with (copy/paste) , I threw in the towel...LOL !
The site appears to be running pretty slowly here tonight now and Im scared so I will just post a link to my website and there you will find some photos of this new adventure. I would really appreciate some input from you all, there are some very impressive ponds Ive seen here !

Anyways, For all of our photos,(including the barns Doc :biggrin: ) go here... http://www.buckmanshome.com

For all the "its just a hole in the ground" future pond photos, go here... http://www.buckmanshome.com/gardenpond.html

Does this sound right? Im planning to clear all the stone in this hole deeper then the final depth, refill the entire hole with a 6 inch layer of silt (clay) and then lay the liner. However I am unsure of how to deal with the side walls since I needed to dig them back chasing stones as you can see in the photos. In the end I would like a tapered water depth from 12" at the near end in the photo to about a 5 or 6 foot depth under the waterfall approximately 20 feet away. Oh and one more thing... money IS an object with this project so the DIY ideas will take precedence. ;)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Buck
I am so impressed with your barn renovation that I actually want to see it? Your website is so comprehensive that I need to go back when I have more time to take it all in.

Can't wait to see what you are doing next. I am close to retirement and would like to have these kinds of challeges to keep me young in my old age. LOL

Ask a Question