Gotta love Craigslist

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I saw someone in my town wanted some water lettuce and water Hyacinth. They would trade for cattails and parrots feather.
I went over with lettuce and Hyacinth in a bucket and came home with parrots feather, corkscrew rush, and a Clematis for my trellis.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nice score. We got our arrow's and lilies and iris from there from an old couple removing their pond so then can move/sell house.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm constantly scouring Craigslist for pond things - not that I need anything, but, well... you know! Yesterday I saw an ad for a water lily. It was HUGE - basically filled one end of a mid-sized pond. The person wanted $150 for it. The kicker was it was growing directly in the pond and hadn't been touched in more than ten years. Can you imagine what that would be like to get out? The offer said if you were willing to get in and get it out of the pond yourself they would knock $50 off the price. Personally I think they're going to end up paying someone to come and get it out for them!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm constantly scouring Craigslist for pond things - not that I need anything, but, well... you know! Yesterday I saw an ad for a water lily. It was HUGE - basically filled one end of a mid-sized pond. The person wanted $150 for it. The kicker was it was growing directly in the pond and hadn't been touched in more than ten years. Can you imagine what that would be like to get out? The offer said if you were willing to get in and get it out of the pond yourself they would knock $50 off the price. Personally I think they're going to end up paying someone to come and get it out for them!

i'd pass on that. just for the effort. Rather spend 10-15$ and watch the plant grow from a "puppy"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Right? Or get a tuber from a pond friend for free! When I'm dividing my lilies I'm begging people to take them - I can't bear to throw them out!

I hear you. I think in 2 years i need to get ride of about 1/3 of my irises

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see ads on CL all the time for Japanese maples $2,000 to $8,000 YOU MUST DIG UP

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CL
x prohibited[?]
Posted 3 days ago

print
◀ prev next ▶
favorite this post 2 BEAUTIFUL JAPANESE MAPLES FOR SALE - $7500 (CORTLANDT MANOR) hide this posting
image 1 of 7
00e0e_6LfBneF8DSn_600x450.jpg

2 BEAUTIFUL JAPANESE MAPLES FOR SALE.
Both over 20 feet tall. $7500 each or best offer.
Home and Garden center or nursery would charge
over $10,000.00 for these trees.
Buyer responsible for digging and transport of trees.
Call Frank at show contact info
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6219967311

posted: 3 days ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

safety tips
Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love Craigs List but I've heard enough stories so now I only meet people on public ground, and never alone!
It's a shame that we can't trust anyone anywhere!

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I've sold lots of things on Craigslist I've gotten from thrift store,used it and sold for a profit
.90 for two bags of legos, printed instructions and made 5 sets from Harry Potter, sold for $125.00

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
My CL has been ruined by scammers. Sure every once in awhile you'll find an honest person but it really depends on the item and cost. Trying to sell a motorbike a few years back I was asked if I'd accept extra money if I would ship the item (of course shipping was paid by the buyer/scammer). Unfortunately his uncle was stationed in Iraq and unable to make contact so he was acting as his agent. I played along for a few days, the texts were hilarious. I finally broke the news that I wasn't going to ship it, or sell to anyone who didn't have a local area code. Over a $1000 bike?

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Lots of scammers but it's still good just remember if it's too good be cautious

Ask a Question