GPF Member's Babies (aka MFS evidence)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
okay, this is a personal request, though others may like it too; I'm not seeing enough pics of everyone's 'babies' aka your fish, so how about we get our act together and post some here? Sort of like 'Gemma's Babies', this one will be all GPF Member's Babies. Some, I won't name names, MIGHT call this evidence of MFS!

I'll start, and hopefully those that haven't done much in the past will post some up close and personal pics of their pond babies. Get out those camera phones and DSLRs, hold up some kibble and tell your babies to say 'cheese!' Or something more fishy, if you prefer!

(some tips; sun at your back, watch for glare--use a polarizer if you have one, take lots and post the best, cloudy day pics are often better than sunny day versions!)

Attachments

• 210418 -pond fish 10.jpg
    210418 -pond fish 10.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 53
  • pond fish 210410 1.jpg
    pond fish 210410 1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 53
  • pond fish 210410 2.jpg
    pond fish 210410 2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 53
  • pond fish 210410 3.jpg
    pond fish 210410 3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 53
  • pond fish 210410 4.jpg
    pond fish 210410 4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 56
  • pond fish 210410 5.jpg
    pond fish 210410 5.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 50
  • pond fish 210410 6.jpg
    pond fish 210410 6.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 49
  • pond fish 210410 7.jpg
    pond fish 210410 7.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 52
  • pond fish 210410 8.jpg
    pond fish 210410 8.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 50
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't know about who has the nicest babies but I bet pound for pound you win @brokensword when it comes to home many. Though I'd bet @addy1 is right there two

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't know about who has the nicest babies but I bet pound for pound you win @brokensword when it comes to home many. Though I'd bet @addy1 is right there two
ha, maybe; BUT!!!! where's some of YOUR babies? The idea is I haven't seen too many others' fish recently, though you did post some. Got any more, different? This is a call for the likes of @poconojoe and @Jhn , perhaps @cas and @mrsclem , @RobAmy and @Mmathis , JUST to name a few. I'll get to the others, don't you worry...! Just wait til I start a video thread for the same--but I have to convince even the likes of you to get an underwater cam or build a gatorcam like I showed ya! Hint, hint! Because, seriously, there's only a few nice vids on Youtube and once past those, it's slim pickings. Maybe I'm just looking for new talent, hey?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
showa 85 bucks the sanke swam into a rock head on full speed trying to get away from me and killed it's self and the kujaku was found stuck to the side of the floating weir in the helix skimmer. Skimmer in not set up today but will be again but the power will be lessoned greatly to it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is crazy looking back and how many fish have changed since then there's on in the video mostly blue little orange on the belly that now has the most beautiful fins. another that was a spectacular red and white pattern but lots all the colors the red head went peach the rest of the body went silver and black.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My herd has decreased a bit, think I know why, saw a huge snake running from me , think it went into the pond.
I will try to get some shots, but none of mine will be as clear as the two of you!

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Finally got the nets for the new part of the pond, so I can get them Up hopefully this weekend and get some pics of the herd, including the herd of terrapins

Also, have been occupied with finding a leak in the pond which I found and patched yesterday. Under a 150lb rock of all places. Took a week for the water to finally stop dropping, was losing like a steady 2” a day. So far it has been holding water as I slowly add some back everyday and am taking the opportunity to tweak the intake bay a little bit.

I take it MFS is multiple fish syndrome, have that in spades....and it’s been a few years since I bought any. Although, that will change shortly once I am done with the pond addition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your a good Stewart @Tula staying with 4 fish . nice looking group

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have one fish I have had since the beginning, 4 years now. Its a male that is VERYYYYYYYYYYY aggressive and I am afraid he has got to find a new home. So i understand the friends part I don't want to ship him out but he has really really beat up three different females several times now really badly. so i'm left with little choice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
showa 85 bucks the sanke swam into a rock head on full speed trying to get away from me and killed it's self and the kujaku was found stuck to the side of the floating weir in the helix skimmer. Skimmer in not set up today but will be again but the power will be lessoned greatly to it.
Dayum; now I know why you've named parts Hell's Gate and Last Chance Harvey! I've had a couple of losses re koi but none with such spectacular stories! And it is both neat as well as sad when some start changing. I always hope they'll stay more or less as I got them. I've started charting them, year by year, just to see how they change. Maybe I'll post in a couple of years those that alter drastically.

And I haven't paid more than 60ish dollars with most coming in at about 35 on average.

Ask a Question