great pump deals...?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
great price for sure... but the electrical use ratings are fantastic. they use electrical efficiency circuitry like the newer Lagunas

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
they are SUNSUN pumps, I have heard of sunsun pumps. and I believe they may be made by the same company that makes Pondmaster pumps. has anybody used a sunsun pump?

Reaction score
Take note of where it is shipping from. If there are any problems it may cost a fair amount to ship it back to China! I learned that the hard way buying pond lights on Amazon. I didn't mind them having color but it was the crazy disco pattern that could cause a seizure if looking at it to long that I didn't like. I only paid $30 for them and the company wouldn't pick them up. Amazon with their great customer service gave me the credit for them and the lights sit in my basement!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I've seen far too many Chinese-made pond products over the past few years that literally fell apart due to poor quality materials. Some years ago there was an outcry from North America about the lead used by the Chinese in their plastic products, which was poisoning our children. This resulted in lead-free plastics, but the stuff degrades rapidly in use. I've replaced pump impellers that wore out in a week, light housings that cracked in less than a month, filter containers that broke the second or third time they were opened....... the list goes on. To me, it's not a bargain if it only lasts one season..... or less! (n)
John

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yeah I did read that when E-bay has stuff like this for sale that China will not pull from inventory, they will build to that price. In other words use inferior parts.

Reaction score
Yeah I did read that when E-bay has stuff like this for sale that China will not pull from inventory, they will build to that price. In other words use inferior parts.
No way is a company in China building pumps deesigned for each purchase. Would cost them much more than hammering out all the same pumps assembly line style.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
BE AWARE, that SunSun is a company that makes probably more models of aquarium & pond equipment to various specifications, probably more so than any such aquarium/pond supply manufacturer in the world.
NOT ALL PRODUCTS ARE THE SAME, EVEN WITH THE SAME MODEL NUMBER!!!

Also since many persons in the USA & Canada have the perception that all Chinise made products are junk, let me correct this somewhat.

As an example, when a retailer or distributor approaches a typicial North American or European manufacturer for a certain product and offers a certain price point that is below what the manufacturer offers the product for, if the manufacturer agrees to the terms, they will get the same product off their production line for this lower price.

HOWEVER with these Chinese manufacturers, INCLUDING SunSun, if someone such as Amazon.com sellers offer a lower price point, SunSun (& others in China) will agree, BUT BUILD IT TO THIS PRICE POINT. ALL products are built to order, not sold out of inventory for the price paid!!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
This means that these companies, especially Amazon.com are successful because they sell products are low prices, that also cost them less too (better profits).
With the SunSun CUP series, most of those sold at discounted prices are missing these parts:
This was from this site, http://www.uvsterilizerreview.com/2010/12/internal-uv-sterilizer-filter-pump.html

I wasn't saying they were made each purchase but as a discounted wholesale item they are made with inferior parts. Sorry if I was unclear.

Ask a Question