great way to get VIGOROUS plants without fertlizing!

Reaction score
Okay! So it is something I add just like fertilizer. It's not new, it is called "Ironite", or the "Ironite-plus". The "plus" just has a little nitrogen added to it. If you can get the plain "Ironite" do, b/c even a little nitrogen can contribute to an algae bloom and we all know that can be deadly. What adding iron can do is strengthen your plants and green them up quite well. The greener the plant the more chlorophyll. The more chlorophyll the healthier the plant and it will take off quite well. It only needs a bit. Test the water first to see how much iron is already there. Too much iron can be harmful but if you have low iron water like we do here in KY your plants will love you for this little addition!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You can take a small piece of Steel Wool and shove it down into your potted water plants to add iron and it will help keep them from turning yellow also.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Right the soapy kind is just for bath time. Really great for exfoliation :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Ouch that is extreme exfoliation.
JW I like your new avatar! ha ha in cognito!

Ask a Question