green geunie 2000 have i got the rite pump

Reaction score
ive had the green geunie for a year nearlly now. but im not sure if im using the rite size pump with it. the green geunie is 2000. and my pump is 2300 have i got rite size for this filter.
my pond is 7 foot lenth. 4 foot wide. and 3 foot deep.
tony

Reaction score
Why do you ask, do you have water problems? Have you tested it? It looks like your not over stocked and should be ok.

Mark

Reaction score
huskerfan said:
Why do you ask, do you have water problems? Have you tested it? It looks like your not over stocked and should be ok.

Mark

i did have in my small pond last summer but since i built the bigger pond its been perfect but also winter so i dont know how its going to be in summer yet but if all sounds well then im ok
tony

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
2000gph seems way to much flow for that size of filter. do yourself a favor, go to the DIY section and build one the upflow filters that are "STICKY"ed, just down size to a smaller version if your worried about estetics. a 55 gallon setup would keep your water crystal clear..and water parameters ideal.

Reaction score
huskerfan said:
The filter is a model 2000 (liters) actually 1600L/352 GPH just about right for a lightly loaded pond of 700-800 gallons...I'm guessing the pump is 2300 liters per hour?

http://www.ketteringkoi.com/acatalog/Lotus_Green_Genie_Pond_Filter.html

yer thats wot the pump is ill just get the same wattage i left it on over winter and its blew if my pond is lightly stocked how many more fish can i have in it
tony

Reaction score
"ill just get the same wattage i left it on over winter and its blew"

What???? Also, dog as in dog?

It's really hard to say, due to all the different parameters that are important for healthy fish... If you stay with goldfish I'm sure you can add 1/2 again to what you have, but if you start adding Koi your looking for trouble as they'll grow quick, destroy plants, etc.

Maybe think about adding a prefilter or a sediment chamber to your filter and a bio filter for this year. Purchase a water test kit to keep tabs on water condition.

good luck

Ask a Question