Green water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a pond for at least 10 years and this year I am really suffering with algae and green water which I have been treating to no avail. Please can someone suggest how i might treat this. The pond is in full sun. many thanks for any advise that is given.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
There are two effective and safe ways to treat this, and really only one that wont cause you problems in other places. That would be an upflow wetland filter. It is basically a large biological filter with plants, that is very effective at clearing up green water. If you are interested in more details I can link some build threads or articles relating to them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would add some shade and plant heavily to suck up the extra nutrients. Also, make sure you have really good biofiltration. Don’t overfeed if you have fish, and limit fertilizer, as it will feed the algae.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome. Tell us a little about your pond. How big is it? What are you “treating” it with? Do you have fish?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1650901046068.gif
@jenpen
Lots of plants to suck up the excess nutrients as already mentioned and perhaps a bog filter and some shade cloth.

Ask a Question