Greetings from a Pond Junkie

PondJunkie

Aquatically Addicted
Reaction score
Atlanta Suburbs, Occasionally Brighton, UK
Hello all. Been tinkering with Water Gardening for about a year now. I start by buying one of those kits at the HD, resulting in a puddle about 18" deep and 6' across.

NOT BIG ENOUGH!!

By the end of last Summer I had recreated my pond. I am working in an area that was once a swimming pool, but was filled in before I bought the house. The new pond now nearly fills the entire original area. It's about 2500 gallons, varying depths from 16 to 24 inches deep. I have a variety of hardy lilies, some cattails, parrot feather, taro and anacharis for vegetation. Started last year with a dozen feeder goldfish, 9 of which are now in the 6-8' range for size. Added some more feeders this Summer bringing the total up to around 2 dozen fish. the new feeders have already doubled (some tripled) in size!!

Equipment wise I am running all savio gear. I recently purchased a UV clarifier, as my other attempts to clear the soup failed miserably.

I still have a few head scratchers to sort out, but I will save those for another post.....

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
alright...someone who openly admits hes addicted, now thats the first step. are you cross addicted? or is it just ponds? LOL anyways welcome to our 12 step program, i mean forum.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
We all are adicted to something,,,it might as well be are ponds
Welcome to the forum

Ask a Question