Greetings from Croatia, new to almost everything

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Hi, Matej here, from the northern Croatian coast. :)
For a few years now I have been planing to organize my backyard garden. The plans went from one idea to another but I never thought of something that I really want to finalize. Then I found out about ponds and it all came together. One of the first, maybe the first idea was to put a swimming pool but why have a swimming pool when you can have a pond!
Now I am in the planning phase, where I created a rough sketch of my backyard and where the pond should be...(the plan is to build a 6x6 or 7x7 pond with waterfalls and a natural filter for swimming, fish, plants, etc.) and I started digging in the garden. The ground is, well, rocky, mostly rock and some earth (as you can see on my avatar). Any advice or experience on that kind of ground when building a pond would be much appreciated.
In the last few weeks I have watched a lot of YouTube videos about ponds and now have a tonne of questions.
I really want to find out where I can buy some of the products that I need for building my pond and what are the best products out there on the market. This is just the tip of the iceberg so I came here for help and advice :D

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1572286110431.gif
@Tuvixer

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum

Start a construction thread for all of your questions

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
We LOVE being arm chair pond builders! We have a lot of very knowledgeable pond people here. Usually can help with almost any issue.

I started a construction thread here:

:)

Ask a Question