Greetings from (increasingly) sunny Florida!

Reaction score
Hey guys!
My name is Ed, and I am happy to have stumbled into your little corner of the web. I have worked with ponds for about 15 years, and have even done some commercial work servicing and constructing them (trying to make a buck on the side in college).

I appreciate "koi" but am by no means knowledgeable in their pedigree. I am most interested in the "aesthetic" nature of ponds. I am planning a small waterfall for the entryway in my home this summer.

My intensive hobby has always been coral reef aquariums and aquaculture. I have a fairly intensive aquaculture setup for live corals (mostly Acropora, Zoanthids, and Echinophyllia...for those who know). I also bred and raised freshwater fish for about 10 years. Needless to say I am captivated by all things "water" related.

I hope to learn from the experiences of fellow hobbyists here, and I am always eager to see new ideas in design and implementation that other people's creativity can produce. Thanks for having me here at the GPF. I look forward to lots of great information and dialog.

Thanks!
Ed

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome profed and hope we can learn some from you also .I some times look at the reef supply site and they have real nice stuff and interesting things also ..Waterfalls and the sound they make are the most relaxing thing you can have .I love my koi ,but seems sometimes a lot of work but then again they can give you so much joy too .I do not know much about the type of koi I have ,I just pick out the pretty and interesting ones .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard Ed, Sounds like you have alot of experience in many ventures of fish keeping. Glad to have you join!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Prof. Glad you joined and it sounds like you will have a lot to add to the discussions. If I may ask what University if any are you associated with?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome6700.gif
ProfEd

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcome messages! I hope I may have some knowledge to share, and I will, no doubt, also learn a lot from all of you.

As far as affiliations go, I am teaching for Rasmussen College in the Schools of Business and Justice Studies. I am also the Director of Sales and Marketing for a manufacturer of lake fountains (though I don't think I should promote that here without discussing it with site staff...since we do occasionally work with ponds).

I am excited to learn new things in this realm, and I have already seen some really cool projects from the members here.

Here's a pic of one of my reefs (cell-phone shot, so it doesn't bring out all the colors as well). Thanks for having me here!

-Ed

cellpicof75g.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful reef Ed, we love to dive reefs see so much life down there.

Ask a Question