Greetings from Indonesia

Reaction score
Hello. I am an English born but naturalised Australian living now in Indonesia. I am married with a young Son.In another life I had many tropical fish tanks but now I have built an outdoor pond so I am a complete beginner.
My pond is roughly 8 ft x 3 ft (it is curved and 'L' shaped. It is constructed of brick and cement with a 6 ft high local stone wall which acts as a waterfall. The water is about 18 inches deep and contains about 30 goldfish and some plants.
There are 2 air stones and a further pump with which I am experimenting a filter installation.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcome_6.gif
to our group! Post some pictures when you can.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Cool! Welcome! I have one coworker who's from Indonesia. She's a sweet heart. And one coworker who grew up in Indonesia (is an American). I've wanted to visit there but every time we fly in that direction it'll always be to thailand to visit my family.

Post pictures please :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Brovic, Welcome to GPF. There are a lot of people that keep goldfish here including myself. I have 28 goldfish in my pond of which 20 were goldfish babies from two years ago!

Guy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Apa kabar, I am not going to say welcome as I joined approx 10mins ago! Dude, Indonesia, my favourite country, four visits now, which island are you on? I am English born, naturalised in England and am in England........ your story seems more interesting ;)

Reaction score
Hello again and thank you for all your messages. I apologise for my tardy response but, whilst living in Indonesia is Paradise itself, it is fraught with problems particularly with power outages and internet outages - which means that sometimes I cannot communicate with the outside world. That notwithstanding, I have been busy editing photos of the pond and I know hope to post some at the end of this message (if I can figure out how!). I am also working on the dimensions of my itsy-bitsy pond - trying to convert metres and centimetres into feet and inches and then litres into gallons. To addy1, Mmathis, JW, Comet Keith, Becky and Fishylove - Thank you for you welcome. To nepen - Thank you also. The Indonesian peoples are a joy to be with (my Wife is Indonesian and I have never been happier). To Guy - Terima Kasih. Saya baik-baik. I have lived in Ea st Java for 4 years and I was in Bali for 2 years before that. I teach English to Senior High School students. OK, now I try the photos. Thanks everybody.

Attachments

• 140526 02.jpg
    140526 02.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 140616 Pond 02.jpg
    140616 Pond 02.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 253
Reaction score
Thank you, CometKeith. It took ages to build. I built a brick wall first - then I got some local stone and made a virtual dry-stone wall in front - only anchored by some cement where the stone abuts the brick wall. I am very pleased with the effect - especially when I turn the waterfall pump on.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is very nice, love the waterfall rock wall.

Ask a Question